Composition and Reading
This course introduces students to university-level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis, and closely examines a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Students will practice common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing and compose clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|01:30 PM-03:20 PM
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2022-09-26 to 2022-12-16.
EWRT 1A.80Y: HYBRID, meets on-campus and online. This class meets each week on campus and online as noted in the class listing. Students must have access to a computer, the internet and an individual email address. Most De Anza classes will use the Canvas course management system. We recommend a laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete the course; a tablet or phone may not be adequate for all assignments and tests. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382. The Student Online Resources hub with extensive information and tips can be found at deanza.edu/online-ed/students/remotelearning .
- 5 Units
- Weekly Lecture Hours: 5
- Weekly Lab Hours: 0
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
General Course Statement
- General Statement
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
Requisite and Advisory
- Eligibility for college-level composition (EWRT D001A or EWRT D01AH) as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.
Limitations on Enrollment and Entrance Skills
- Limitations on Enrollment
- Not open to students with credit in the Honors Program related course.
- Entrance Skills
- Eligibility for college-level composition as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.