Principles of Macroeconomics
An introduction to macroeconomics focusing on aggregate economic analysis. Topics covered will include market systems, aggregate measures of economic activity including national income accounting, macroeconomic equilibrium, money and the banking system, money and the price level, classical macro theory, Keynesian macro theory, monetary and fiscal policy,international trade and economic growth.
|09:30 AM-01:20 PM
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2023-04-10 to 2023-06-30.
ECON001.06Z: This is an online class that meets each week on scheduled days and times as noted in the class listing. Students must have access to a computer, the internet and an individual email address. Most De Anza classes will use the Canvas course management system. We recommend a laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete the course; a tablet or phone may not be adequate for all assignments and tests. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382. The Student Online Resources hub with extensive information and tips can be found at deanza.edu/online-ed/students/remotelearning.
- 4 Units
- Weekly Lecture Hours: 4
- Weekly Lab Hours: 0
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
General Course Statement
- General Statement
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
Requisite and Advisory
- EWRT D001A or EWRT D01AH or ESL D005.
- Intermediate algebra or equivalent (or higher), or appropriate placement beyond intermediate algebra
- Elementary algebra or equivalent (or higher), or appropriate placement beyond elementary algebra
Limitations on Enrollment and Entrance Skills
- Limitations on Enrollment
- Not open to students with credit in the Honors Program related course.