This email was sent to all students who are registered for fall or applied for winter quarter.
Nov. 4, 2021
COVID Vax Required to Register for On-Campus Classes
Registration for winter quarter begins soon, and we want to make sure you know that De Anza is requiring everyone who comes on campus to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 – for your health and that of others.
- We must have your verified vaccination record on file BEFORE you can register for any winter classes that meet on campus.
- You should submit proof of your final vaccination at least three days before you plan to register for an on-campus class, to allow time for verification.
- If you already submitted your vaccination record for fall quarter, you don't need to submit again for winter.
Most classes are being offered fully online, and you do not need to provide proof of vaccination to register for fully online classes. You can check the Class Schedule for complete listings. (Click the title of each course to read the footnotes for details on how the class will be taught.)
The vaccination requirement does apply if you are coming to campus for a visit to the Library or a Student Services office, or any purpose. You must have received your final shot – your second shot for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or your first shot if it’s the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine – at least two weeks before coming to campus. (International students may submit documentation for other WHO-approved vaccines.)
We’ve made it easy to upload a copy of your vaccination record to the secure PyraMED records system, which you can reach through MyPortal. You’ll find step-by-step instructions – along with tools for finding a vaccination clinic near you – at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/students.
Remember that it can take up to three days to verify your record after you upload it. The registration system will show a message that says "COVID-19 vaccination proof required" if you attempt to enroll in any on-campus class before your record is verified.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- You must wear a face mask at all times indoors. Masks are also recommended for outdoor gatherings.
- Learn how to check in with Optimum HQ before coming to campus.
- Practice social distancing and follow any posted instructions.
- Do not come to campus if you are feeling sick. (If you develop COVID-19, notify your instructor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Visit deanza.edu/return-to-campus/students to learn more about the requirements for coming to campus.
You’ll find tips and resources for winter quarter, including how to reach student services online or in person, at deanza.edu/quarter-guide.
De Anza College