I have been a teacher for most of my adult life. I have taught a variety of courses, mostly centered on hands-on curriculum. I have extensive experience working with families and their young children of infancy age through preschool. I have also worked as an exhibit manager in a science museum and a science curriculum specialist in 3rd and 5th grade classrooms. Contrary to how that sounds, I am not a "scientist," nor am I filled with scientific knowledge. What I do have is an abiding curiosity about the world around me and the people in it.
Personally, my interests are varied. I love all types of music, art, nature, photography, politics and writing, not necessarily in that order. I am a single mom, having raised my son alone since he was 12 years. He is now a man who, I am please to say has grown to be a wonderful human being. He brings me joy every day.
Courses Taught at De Anza
- CD/Psyc: 10G. The Early Years
- CD/Psyc: 10H. The Middle Years
- CD 51: Practicum (student teaching)
- CD 53: Creative Arts for the Young Child
- CD 54: Curriculum for Young Children
- CD 55: Literacy for the Young Child
- CD 63: Science and Math for Young Children
Education (List your degrees)
- B.A. in Elementary Education
- M.A. in Early Childhood Education