Our Associate of Arts Degree prepares students to become Medical Laboratory Technicians and valuable members of the Health Care Team! Starting salaries $30-35 per hour!
What is an MLT?
- Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLT's) are a mid-level Associates Degree laboratory professional
- Trained to perform waived and moderately complex tests in the clinical laboratory
Where will an MLT find employment?
- Any facility participating in clinical laboratory testing: Hospital laboratories, Physician office laboratories, Reference laboratories, Veterinarian laboratories
- Sales/technical service
Prerequisites offered at De Anza College include:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (BIOL 40A, B, C) or Bio 6A, B, C
- Chemistry (CHEM 30A, B)
- Microbiology (BIOL 26)
- California Phlebotomy Certification
MLT Program Admission Process:
- Admission to De Anza College is made in accordance with criteria detailed in the De Anza College catalogue.
- De Anza college is an open-access community college. All students who meet the minimum program requirements are accepted into the program.
- When the number of MLT applicants exceeds the space available, students are accepted into the program on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are not accepted for the quarter in which you apply, you will be placed on a waitlist for future quarters and placed by application date.
De Anza's MLT Program is partially funded by local hospitals that need laboratory workers.
Series of clinical laboratory lectures and student laboratories
- Clinical Chemistry
- Clinical Hematology
- Clinical Coagulation
- Clinical Urinalysis
- Clinical Microbiology
- Clinical Immunology/Immunohematology
- 828 hrs additional training in local hospitals
- Program completion time = 2+ years (full-time student)
For information contact:
Patricia Buchner, MS,MT(ASCP), CLS
MLT Program Director, De Anza College
NAACLS accredited MLT program
5600 N. River Rd, Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018-5119