Our Associate of Arts Degree prepares students to become Medical Laboratory Technicians and valuable members of the Health Care Team! Starting salaries $30-35 per hour!
What is an MLT?
- Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLT's) are a mid-level Associates Degree laboratory professional
- Trained to perform waived and moderately complex tests in the clinical laboratory
Where will an MLT find employment?
- Any facility participating in clinical laboratory testing: Hospital laboratories, Physician office laboratories, Reference laboratories, Veterinarian laboratories
- Sales/technical service
MLT Program Admission Process:
- Admission to De Anza College is made in accordance with criteria detailed in the De Anza College catalog.
- De Anza college is an open-access community college. All students who meet the minimum program requirements are accepted into the program.
- When the number of MLT applicants exceeds the space available, students are accepted into the program on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are not accepted for the quarter in which you apply, you will be placed on a waitlist for future quarters and placed by application date.
De Anza's MLT Program is partially funded by local hospitals that need laboratory workers.