Tips for Completing the Application
De Anza College follows a quarter system, with a shortened summer session. You'll find registration dates and other important deadlines on our Academic Calendar webpage. We are currently accepting applications for the following quarters
- Summer 2019
- Fall 2019
Who needs to apply for admission?
If you are a first-time student at De Anza, you must submit a completed application before you can register for classes. (See the "Important Notes" below.)
Continuing students don't need to re-apply each year, but you'll need to submit a new application if any of these circumstances apply to you:
- You attended De Anza previously but didn't take classes for at least one quarter in the fall, winter or spring.
- You applied previously but did not register for classes.
- You registered for classes but dropped them before the refund deadline.
How do I apply?
De Anza uses the statewide community college application system known as OpenCCC. To submit an application, you will need to create an account on this system. It's easy to do: Just follow the prompts when you click on the application link at the bottom of this page. (If you have previously created an OpenCCC account to apply for another college, you can use the same account to apply to De Anza.)
What will I need to complete the application?
You should have the following information available as you begin filling out the OpenCCC application
- Names and dates (mm/yy) of all high schools and colleges attended
- Your immigration or visa information
- A valid and unique e-mail address that you check frequently.
(If you share an email address with another applicant, you won't be able to create an individual MyPortal account, which you will need for registration and other important services.)
- Your social security number
(While you are not required to give your Social Security Number, we generally encourage you to provide it, so you can more easily apply for financial aid and reset your registration password if you forget it. If you are undocumented, you may check the box that indicates you don't have a Social Security Number and see our AB 540 webpage for more information.)
When you fill out the application, be sure to declare a major (not "undecided") and select a goal of transfer, degree or certificate if you want to qualify for priority enrollment.
What should I do after completing the application?
- Print the confirmation page
- Check your email. Within two to three business days, you should receive an email containing your De Anza College student ID number (also known as a Campuswide ID or CWID) and other important enrollment information. This message will be sent to the email address that you provide when you create an account with OpenCCC.
- Once you receive your Student ID number, visit MyPortal and log in for the most current information regarding your enrollment status at De Anza College. Visit our First-Time MyPortal Login page for tips.
Access to MyPortal will be delayed if you are identified as a nonresident on your application for admission. Nonresident applications must be manually reviewed and accepted into the system. This may take 24 hours for processing.
What if I don't receive an "Welcome" email?
- If you have not received the "Welcome to De Anza College" email, it may have gone to your email account's spam folder. Please check that folder.
- You should also make sure that you completed all steps in the process. After "Creating an Account" with OpenCCC, you will need to log into that account to "Start a New Application." After submitting the application, you will be taken to a Confirmation Page, which provides a Confirmation Number.
- If you still have not received a "Welcome to De Anza" email, please complete the Admissions and Records Help Form.
- Veterans: Use the application link on this page, but be sure to visit the Veteran Services webpage for additional steps.
- High school students: If you want to take college classes while you're still in high school, use the application link on this page, but be sure to visit the Concurrent Students webpage for additional steps.
- International students: You may need to use a different application form. Please visit our International Student Programs webpage for more information.
We look forward to seeing you at De Anza!