Why Study Business?
The Business Department at De Anza College is one of the nation's leading two-year business programs, with courses, degrees and certificates that provide you with the competitive edge to excel in your career, transfer to a four-year university, or manage your own business.
We offer a wide range of business courses in management, marketing, human resource management, international business, business law, entrepreneurship and more. Our instructors are enthusiastic about sharing their in-depth knowledge and industry experience, while teaching practical skills in these fields.
Make a valuable investment in your future. Enroll in a De Anza business course now!
New Certificate!We're excited to announce that De Anza College now offers a Certificate of Achievement in Management Information Systems Support. Check out all of our Business degree and certificate programs!
Meet Our Business Faculty
- Education: MBA, Harvard University; Masters in Education CSU East Bay; BS Business Administration, Boston University
- Focus: Management, Marketing, Product Development, Information Technology, Operations Management.
- Industry experience: GTE, Aspect Telecommunications, Data General, American Cyanamid, Johnson & Johnson, startups. Former Treasurer of the Board of the Humane Society Silicon Valley.
- Contact: 408.864.8615 or FritzMichele@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Wharton Business School; ME, Computer Science, Cornell University; BS Computer Science, Applied Math; PhD Psychology
- Focus: Marketing, M&A, Venture Development, Corporate Finance, Strategic Planning, Technology in Business.
- Industry experience: Booz Allen & Hamilton, Gemini Consulting, McKenna Consulting, MCI, AT&T Bell Labs, IBM, DirecTV, startups.
- Contact: 408.864.8688 or GarbeEmily@deanza.edu
- Education: PhD, Swinburne Univ. of Technology; Master of Business Studies, Massey Univ.; BBM, Bharathiar Univ.; NCAET, Te Wananga O Aotearoa,
- Focus: Entrepreneurship, Human Relations, Marketing, Management, International Business, Human Resource Management
- Industry experience: PR & customer care (healthcare), Business Owner (FMCG distributorship), Consulting (FoundersClick, Abacus), Research (Experiential Learning, Business Proc Reengineering, Entrepreneurship).
- Contact: 408.864.8606 or KariaManisha@deanza.edu
Byron Lilly, Department Chair
- Education: MBA, UC Berkeley; MA, Economics, UC Berkeley, BS, UC Berkeley
- Focus: Business Law, Business and Society, Finance, Accounting
- Industry experience: Tandem Computers, Ungermann-Bass, Stratacom, Guidant, Sybase, Electronics for Imaging, Neuron Data, KPMG, LSI Logic
- Contact: 408.864.8431 or LillyByron@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Wharton School of Business; BA, UC Berkeley
- Focus: Business Law, Personal Finance, Accounting, Strategic & Financial Planning
- Industry experience: Consulting (LitiNomics, KPMG), Finance and Strategy (AT&T), Entrepreneur (NDI).
- Contact: 408.864.5563 or SalahDan@deanza.edu
- Office: F51h
- Education: MBA, CSU Hayward; BA, Economics ,UC Berkeley
- Focus: Finance
- Industry experience: Entrepreneur.
- Contact: 408.864.8932 or SpencerSandra@deanza.edu
- Office: F51q
- Education: EdD candidate, Ferris State University; MBA, University of Phoenix Detroit Campus; MSW, University of Michigan Ann Arbor Campus; BA, Michigan State University
- Focus: Human Resources
- Industry Experience: Kellogg Company, State of Michigan, University of Michigan, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Kellogg Community College
- Contact: AndrewsKim@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, Magna Cum Laude, University of Minnesota; BA, Summa Cum Laude, Universty of Minnesota
- Focus: Business Law
- Experience: 30+ years based in both Hong Kong and Silicon Valley (expertise in cross-border transactions), currently a Partner of Gibson Dunn with a heavy concentration of work for technology and life sciences companies in the U.S. and in Asia.
- Contact: BarbeauJoseph@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Boise State University; BS, UC Santa Barbara
- Focus: Marketing, Personal Finance, International Business, Sales, Corporate Financial Planning, Accounting, Strategic Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Industry experience: McKinsey, KPMG Peat Marwick, Robert Half, CardioThoracic Systems (IPO), TogetherSoft, Olympic Athlete
- Contact: BennettBrian@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA/BA Santa Clara University; MA, English, Notre Dame de Namur Univeristy
- Focus: Accounting and General Business
- Industry Experience: High Technology, Investment Banking and Public Accounting
- Contact: GoughMichael@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, Golden Gate University; BS, Industrial Relations, SJSU; AA Accounting, Foothill
- Focus: Civil Litigation
- Industry experience: Arbitrator of California Superior Court, California State Bar
- Contact: GoularteRonald@deanza.edu
- Education: Ph.D., Human and Organizational Systems, Fielding Graduate University; MA, Organizational Development, Fielding Graduate University; MPA, SJSU; MSW, SJSU; BA, English, SJSU.
- Focus: Nonprofit governance; nonprofit leadership and management; nonprofit strategic alliances and mergers; organizational development.
- Industry experience: President, Hiland Consulting; President & CEO, Momentum for Mental Health; Podcast host: Inspired Nonprofit Leadership; National Advisory Council, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO); Founder & Board Treasurer, NAWBO-Silicon Valley Education Group; Senior Fellow, American Leadership Forum.
- Contact: HilandMary@deanza.edu
Guillermo (Willie) Hernandez
- Education: MBA, Nova Southeastern University; MSEE, San Diego State; BSEE, University of Puerto Rico
- Focus: Product Management, Product Line Management, E-commerce
- Industry experience: Software Engineer in R&D, Senior Product Line Manager; NetApp, BigBand Networks, CloudShield Technologies, Juniper Networks, IP Infusion, Quick Eagle Networks, Entrepreneur.
- Contact: HernandezGuillermo@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, University of La Verne; BS Business Administration, University of Phoenix
- Focus: Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, and Finance
- Industry experience: Entertainment (Disney), manufacturing (aerospace), non-profit (AARP), education (student services) and co-owned a small business since 1980.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Education: MBA, Boise State University; BS, Business Administration San Jose State University
- Focus: Marketing, Advertising, Sales
- Industry experience: Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Contact: MorganDionne@deanza.edu
- Education: M.ED, Loyola Marymount; BA, CSU Northridge
- Focus: Education, Finance, Marketing
- Industry experience: Bateman Eichler, Hill Richards, Siemens, Unisys, Convergent Technologies, Pyramid, eOnline. Founder, Private Capital, Investor
- Contact: NiedermierGary@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, Emory University; MA, Seoul National University; BA, Yonsei University
- Focus: Business Law
- Industry experience: Fidea Law Corporation; McKinsey & Company; Mcquarie Bank; European Union Chamber of Commerce in Korea
- Contact: ParkSujung@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, UC Berkeley; MA, Stanford University; BA, McGill University
- Focus: Business Law for owners and managers of non-public closely-held companies.
- Industry experience: Private law practice in San Francisco and Silicon Valley since 1979 representing U.S. entrepreneurs and foreign investors in U.S. business enterprises.
- Contact: RitchieJohn@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Arizona State; MSEE, Purdue University, BS Chem Eng SUNY
- Focus: Sale, Marketing
- Industry experience: Amazon, Equinix, Intel, National Semiconductor
- Contact: ShanWenlei@deanza.edu
- Education: Ph.D candidate, City University of NY; MBA, Fordham Business School, NY; MBA, Management Development Institute, India; BS Chemistry, St Stephen's College, India
- Focus: Integrated Business Strategy, Brand Management and Digital Marketing
- Industry experience: Marketing Strategy (Nivea), Brand Management (Kraft, Toys R Us), Digital Marketing and e-commerce (Olander), B2B and Consumer Goods Marketing (Harris Freeman)
- Contact: SharmaBhavna@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, York University; BA, University of Toronto
- Focus: Business strategy, Marketing, Business Development, Product Line Manager
- Industry experience: Martello Tower Consulting, Fat Spaniel Technologies, Orbital Data, Speedera Network, Ukiah Software, U-B Networks, 3Com.
- Contact: SmithGordon@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Long Island University, LL.B.(Hons.), Accra, Ghana
- Focus: Business Planning, Entrepreneurship, Financial Statements Analysis, Business Processes
- Industry experience: The Boardroom Planning Group, Kaiser Permanente, Litton Industries Credit Corp., General Electric Credit Corp.
- Contact: TakyiOduro@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Harvard University; BA English & Economics, Occidental College
- Focus: Marketing, Management
- Industry experience: Bain & Company (strategy consulting); Several internet and healthcare start-ups including Netscape (1990s), AOL, LookSmart, Healthline.
- Contact: TucherChris@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Middlebury Institute of International Studies; MS, Middlebury Institute of International Studies
- Focus: International Business Management, Business Law, Marketing, Human Relations, Quality Management, Entrepreneurship
- Industry experience: Logos Corporation, VeriSign, United Nations, HostPortal, startups.
- Contact: YurtsevenLale@deanza.edu