At De Anza
- De Anza College Listening and Speaking Center: Free workshops, tutoring, and other tools to help improve your speaking, listening, pronunciation, and conversation skills. Especially useful if you're enrolled in COMM 1 or 10.
- Psychological Services: Professional help to assist with managing stress, anxiety, and other issues that might be affecting your academic performance and everyday life.
- Free/Refurbished Computers: Free refurbished computers for qualified students through the Occupational Training Institute. Since all of our courses have an online component, this will help if you have to rely on the library or friends and family for computer access.
- Student Health Services: Even the best student can't give a good presentation when they're under the weather. You can receive free over the counter medications, flu shots, and low cost physical exams here.
- De Anza Food Pantry: We don't want hunger to prevent you from succeeding in our classes. The food pantry provides assistance for students who meet the income guidelines.
On the Web
- National Communication Association: The professional organization for our discipline. Learn more about them here, then check out the "Student Organizations" tab to learn more about being involved as a Communication Studies student at the national level.
- De Anza College Library Databases: The college library has access to thousands of journal articles, periodicals, films, and e-books. These databases will provide a great starting point for any research you need to conduct for a presentation or other assignment in a COMM course.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): Knowing APA and MLA citations is an important part of being a COMM major and a necessary skill in all of our classes.