This Winter: Spaces of Belonging
Jan. 26-March 25, 2023
Reception with artists: Saturday, Feb. 11, noon-2 p.m.
"Spaces of Belonging" features artwork by four local artists: Frances Paragon Arias, Ellen Bepp, Ted Fullwood and Flo Oy Wong. Each has been instrumental in creating "spaces of belonging" and inspiring new beginnings through their community-based work and art.
Artwork on display includes hand-cut paper "poems," large-scale abstract ceramics
and woven sculptures, a nature haiku installation inspired by a local school garden,
and silkscreen prints about indigenous ceremonies and social justice issues.
This exhibit is presented in conjunction with Silicon Valley Reads and its theme: “Journey to New Beginnings.”
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Open on two Saturdays: Feb. 25 and March 4, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Open to groups by appointment: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silicon Valley Reads 2023 Kick-off
- Thursday, Jan. 26, 7 p.m. – Visual and Performing Arts Center
- Museum will be open at 6 p.m. and afterwards during book signing
- First Thursdays
- Feb. 3 and March 2, 5:30 -7 p.m.
- Open mic nights hosted by McTate Stroman II with special guests.
- Join us in person!
- Taste of History
- Saturday, March 25, 4-7 p.m. – Visual and Performing Arts Center
- Join us for a fundraiser with singer Jackie Gage
Top of page: "Reach" by Ellen Bepp
Above and right: three works by Frances Paragon Arias