Regulations for All Contractors, Vendors and Assignees
- Anyone who wishes to participate at the De Anza Flea Market MUST follow all registration protocols and meet the monthly deadline. This also includes businesses and organizations that provide “non-sale” promotional marketing, advocacy groups like petitioning, and any persons interested in setting up a table or taking space inside the Flea Market. No exceptions.
- If you plan on bringing in more than one vehicle please have a photocopy of your ticket for each vehicle for entry.
- Vendors must enter the Market between 5:30 AM and 7:30 AM. NO ENTRANCE AFTER 7:30 AM. Being late could prevent you from selling at that Market. Vendors must remain in the Market from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Vehicle traffic is not allowed within the Flea Market area between 7:30 AM and 2:00 PM. Leaving early could result in a fine or lockout of future markets. Vendors needing to leave prior to 2:00 PM must first alert management from the Information Booth and get a walking escort.
- Vendors must stay within their designated selling area defined by painted white lines on three sides and behind the stall numbers. Do not exceed beyond the painted white lines and stay behind the numbers in the front of the selling area.
- Flea Market Confirmation/Entry Ticket must be posted in clear view at your booth at all times.
- Parking Permits are required at all times by all patrons and vendors parking outside the vending areas. If you are not going to leave your vehicle in your assigned space, you must have it unloaded and out of Flea Market selling areas before 7:30 AM. There is no guarantee of being able to park in your vendor space. Do not park in another vendor stall even if it is empty. Your Flea Market ticket is not valid for parking outside your vending stall.
- Vendors are responsible for securing canopies, tents, umbrellas, etc. and merchandise in the event of wind or natural disaster.
- Vendors must be off of the Market lots by 5:00 PM. Failure to do so could result in a fine or lockout of future markets.
- “Pack It In, Pack It Out”: Take all of your garbage, trash, recyclables, boxes, packaging, and unsold items with you at the end of your selling day. We do not provide any trash service for vendors. Failure to do so could result in fine or lockout of future markets.
- Vendors are responsible for obtaining a Seller’s Permit if required. Check with the California State Board of Equalization for rules and regulations pertaining to selling of goods and services. Generally, vendors need a Seller’s Permit if they sell new or handcrafted items, or sell used personal items more than 2 times in a 12 month period. Seller’s Permit information must be updated once every 12 month period. Non-compliance will result in denial of opportunity to sell in the Market.
- Do not sell or attempt to sell, market, advertise, give away, or have in your possession: pets, illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia, medicines, nutritional supplements, alcohol, food, beverages, polystyrene foam disposable food service ware including cups and food containers, candy, stolen property, poppers, fireworks, firearms, weapons, switchblades, fixed blades of 2 1/2 inches or more, and/or any other illegal items. Vendors are prohibited from engaging in any activity that involves body puncturing, including but not limited to piercing of ears, noses, tongues, or any other body part, tattooing or any similar act that breaks the skin in any fashion. Do not sell or attempt to sell, market, advertise, give away, or have in your possession any tangible property (i.e. counterfeit or knockoff items) or intangible (intellectual or artistic) property (i.e. pirated items) which is the subject of a copyright, trademark or tradename, or other indicia of ownership, which you do not own or have license or other lawful right to sell; and do not engage in any activity forbidden by copyright/trademark/tradename protection laws, including, without limitation, 17 U.S.C. section 101 et seq. De Anza College reserves the right to determine restricted and or offensive merchandise.
- Vendor Code of Conduct: Physical or verbal threats or abuse, obscene, libelous or slanderous conduct, disruptive behavior, willful disobedience, profanity, vulgarity, open and persistent defiance of authority, or the persistent abuse of College or District personnel will not be tolerated and may result in immediate and permanent expulsion from the Flea Market.
- De Anza College reserves the right to deny anyone the opportunity to sell at the DASB Flea market.
- Spaces cannot be shared or sublet.
- No dogs or other pets allowed except for service animals. (FHDA Board Policy BP 3441 - Animals on Campus)
- REFUND POLICY - Refund Requests for MONTHLY VENDORS: Submit your original Flea Market Entrance Ticket to the Flea Market Office to request a refund. All refund requests must be received by the Flea Market Office before 5 PM ten (10) calendar days prior to the Market. Refunds shall be for a maximum of 50% of fee for day(s) of refund. There will not be any Credits or Rain Checks. Refunds will be processed and mailed to you within three (3) weeks.
- REFUND POLICY - Refund Requests for SIX‑MONTH (6-MONTH) CONTRACTORS, (One (1) Month Only): Submit your original Flea Market Entrance Ticket with a note indicating you would like a refund for only the next month’s market to the Flea Market Office to request a refund. All refund requests must be received by the Flea Market Office before 5 PM ten (10) calendar days prior to the Market. Refunds shall be for a maximum of 50% of fee for day of refund; for example you are on a 6-month contract for a single selling area at a cost of $300, $300 divided by 6 = $50, less 50%, so your refund will be $25. There will not be any Credits or Rain Checks. Refunds will be processed and your refund and original Flea Market Entrance Ticket will be mailed back to you within three (3) weeks after the market for which you are requesting a refund.
- REFUND POLICY - Refund Requests for SIX‑MONTH (6-MONTH) CONTRACTORS, (Remainder of Contract Term): Submit your original Flea Market Entrance Ticket with a note indicating you would like a refund for the remainder of your contract term to the Flea Market Office to request a refund. All refund requests must be received by the Flea Market Office before 5 PM ten (10) calendar days prior to the Market. Refunds shall be for a maximum of the prorated remaining contract fee minus 50% of fee for the equivalent of one contract month; for example you are on a 6-month contract for a single selling area at a cost of $300 and there are four (4) months left on your contract term, $300 divided by 6 = $50, $50 x 4 = $200, less $25 (50% of $50), so your refund will be $175. There will not be any Credits or Rain Checks. Refunds will be processed and mailed to you within three (3) weeks.
Violation of any of these regulations may result in fines, removal of vendor, refusal to allow reentry, denial of further use of the flea market, and could also result in forfeiture of any daily fees (for Six-Month Contract holders refunds will be issued for the remainder of the contract term less a processing fee).
Regulations are subject to change without notice.
For the most up to date regulations check back here.