General Meeting Information
Date: November 21,
Time: 4 - 5 p.m.
Location: ADM 109
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 4 - 4:05 p.m. Approval of notes from 11/14/17 A
4:05 - 4:25 p.m.
Change to SWP request from Physical Education
I/D/A Lee-Wheat 4:25 - 4:35 p.m. Introduce Guided Pathways and IPBT role I/D
4:35 - 5:00 p.m.
Continue review/consideration of Instructional Equipment requests
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Admin Reps Classified Reps Faculty Reps Student Reps
- Christina Espinosa-Pieb, Co-Chair
- Coleen Lee-Wheat
- Anita Muthyala-Kandula
- Lorrie Ranck
- Thomas Ray
- Anu Khanna
- Amy Leonard
- Rick Maynard
- James Nguyen, Co-Chair
- Mary Pape
- Erik Woodbury
Visitors: Randy Bryant, Mary Kay Englen, Lisa Markus
Espinosa-Pieb - Chair
James Nguyen - Co-Chair
Administrative Reps: Espinosa-Pieb, Kandula, Lee-Wheat, Ray
Classified Reps: Lorna Maynard
Faculty Reps: Khanna, Leonard, Rick Maynard, Nguyen, Pape, Woodbury
Guests: Randy Bryant, Mary Kay Englen, Lisa Markus
Absent: Fayek, Ranck
Approval of Notes
Change Counsel to “Council”
Lottery – 300, IE – 500 put in notes
Notes approved, with above changes.
Update on Instructional Equipment Requests
Christina – Lottery: our limit was $300K, requests came in at $314K. So close. Still need to work with deans individually (she has questions) before sharing docs with IPBT as a whole. CEP working on a form so departments can see what other departments are doing/requesting.
Instructional Equipment: We have 500K and requests have come in at $1.367 million, so $800K over. Markus asked if some of those could be appropriately moved/considered under SWF. CEP still needs to consider SWF, not yet factored into total numbers and requests. There might some duplication between programs submitting under SWF and IE, which can hopefully bring that number/difference down.
Bryant: can we use ABEG for tutors? CEP: we can utilize student employees.
Faculty: we are moving forward with 14 replacements until we hear otherwise from District.
Questions about Equity for those requests (Submitted by Ranck)
- REACH: $5K for course? Lee-Wheat: Stipend goes down over time.
- Umoja: HBCU tours seems expensive. Do we do that every year? Some of those colleges seem suspect from a state perspective.
- Khanna: common themes in requests, why by program and not a pot of money for each thing like speakers. Leonard: Is the cross-duplication with tutors and SSRS a good thing? Is this inequitable?
- It would be good to know how many students are being served? Are we documenting?
- R Maynard: can we ask for follow up reports to see how the funds were utilized, who attended, etc? and outcome/impact?
- Leonard: faculty coordinators – for equity, we are paying quite a bit. What do they do, what’s their job desc.?
There was some confusion about SWF as it relates to equipment and the majority of requests, positions, etc. All requests need to come in by December 1, 2017 no later.
Massage Therapy Program Request for Revision to Request
Lee Wheat presented equity/success figures and enrollment data for this program.
Motion to approve additional SWF funds for certification required to keep program current: Leonard moved, L. Maynard seconded. Vote: passed
Espinosa-Pieb: might want to consider long term viability of programs. We might be going in that direction in terms of our budget cuts, and programs are the likely place they will happen.