Welcome, Rising Scholars!
The Rising Scholars program was created to support students who were previously incarcerated or had other experiences with the criminal justice system, or who have been affected by a family member’s incarceration.
Our mission is to create a pathway into higher education and to serve students from enrollment through graduation, by addressing their academic and social needs.
Want to know more? Use our interest form if you'd like more information or think you might want to join the program.
Summer Bridge for New Students
By joining the Rising Scholars program, you may qualify to attend Summer Bridge, a fun and useful introduction to college that will be held on campus this year on Aug. 28-31.
- If you're interested, please submit the SSRS Program Interest Form
- We'll get back in touch with you soon!
Internships + Paid Leadership TrainingLearn about paid leadership training, paid internships in the arts, and and other opportunities for community college students who were previously incarcerated or affected by the justice system.
Benefits and Services
As a student in the Rising Scholars program, you can get
- Counseling and academic advising
- Transfer assistance and advising
- Scholarship and financial aid information
- Student-to-student tutoring and mentoring
- Tutoring in math and English
- Opportunities for paid internships
- Workshops and special events
- Field trips to four-year universities
- Help in maintaining priority registration status
- And more!
More Resources Available to You
Visit our Resources for Rising Scholars webpage for a partial list of more programs and services available to you at De Anza.