De Anza's physical education and athletics staff are committed to excellence and the development of each individual by creating an atmosphere of fun, focus and friendship.
The mission of the Physical Education and Athletics Division is the development of the total individual by offering a comprehensive program emphasizing health, wellness and lifelong learning through exercise, sports skill development and critical thinking. The division is also committed to providing vocational training opportunities to prepare students for employment.
What We Offer:
- Athletics: 17 intercollegiate sports teams for women and men
- PE Courses: Physical Education courses generally require competitive experience at the high school, club or collegiate levels and consent of instructor. (Check class prerequisites.)
- KNES Courses: Kinesiology courses (lecture and activity) are open to all students
Campus Video Tour:
P.E. and Athletics / Stadium and Track
See more of our campus video tour on the Video Tour webpage.
KNES Course Overview
The Kinesiology Program offers more than 70 activity courses in a variety of formats
- Half-unit laboratory sections, two hours per week
- One-unit laboratory sections, three hours per week
- Lectures ranging from one to four units, offered in face to face, hybrid or online formats.
Classes are offered Monday through Friday between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. Some courses are also offered on Saturdays and Sundays.
Most Kinesiology courses are now accepted for completion of Area E General Education and are graded on a four-point scale. However, students can take the courses on a Pass/No Pass basis upon request. Note: All students who wish to earn a certificate of achievement or proficiency must take "required" courses for a grade.
See the staff directory for phone numbers and e-mail addresses of instructors. If you have further questions, please contact the Physical Education/Athletic Division office at: (408) 864-8751, Building PE4, Room 41C.