Placement Test Preparation
De Anza College uses two tools for math assessment preparation. Below you will find information for both, along with several tools to assess your placement level pre- and post-review.
What is Khan Academy? Click to read about the free self-study web-based program that includes interactive exercises, videos and an expensive library of content!
Steps to sign up for Khan Academy:
If you are taking your placement test for the first time, complete your review, then make your appointment at Placement Test Appointment webpage.
If you are trying to take a second placement test, complete the ALEKS review below, then email Melissa Aguilar at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification of completion. If you completed your review, you will receive an email to schedule another placement test. You will not be allowed to retest with partial completion, so put your time into completion!
- Click on Khan Academy Sign Up to sign up using your Google account, Facebook account or sign up using email.
- Copy the appropriate course code below. Follow the instructions for "How to add a coach" using the appropriate class code/coach ID for your level and click "Join class." Below are the class codes:
- Prealgebra (Math 210) Review 7NTU4Y
- Elementary Algebra (Math 212) Review AGXTH9
- Intermediate Algebra (Math114) Review UCB3JB
- PreCalculus (Math 41, 42, 43) Review TEF6A6
- Start your review by clicking the appropriate link:
ALEKS Review Modules
What is ALEKS? Click to read about the self-study web-based review program that is customized to your needs! Expect to spend anywhere between 60-120 hours to complete the whole review.
Steps to sign up for ALEKS:
- Purchase a digital/virtual Access Code (not an Access Card) at Discounted Webpage
- Click on SIGN UP NOW! or access from the ALEKS homepage at aleks.com
- If you are taking your placement test for the first time, then select your course code based on the last math course completed, enter the proper course code found below.
- Prealgebra (Math 210) Review RW6QY-G6REW
- Algebra (Math 212 & 114) Review EWRDV-GEPWQ
- Precalculus (Math 41, 42 &43) Review D3FX9-MVXYJ
- If you received a notice to complete a "Math Module" after your first assessment, then select your course code based on your Assessment Center printout. Follow the guidelines, if you where told to enroll in:
- Math 210 or Math Module use the Prealgebra Code: RW6QY-G6REW
- Math 212,114 or Math Module use the Algebra Code: EWRDV-GEPWQ
- Math 41,42 or Math Module use the Precalculus Code: D3FX9-MVXYJ
- Follow the ALEKS online instructions to start your program, and complete your initial diagnostic assessment without any text or assistance. Do not use an resources (texts, internet, tutor, friend, etc.) to assist you with these questions, as the purpose of the diagnostic is to determine what you do and do not remember. It will also ensure that your study plan is accurate and complete.
- If you are taking your placement test for the first time, complete your review, then make your appointment at Placement Test Appointment webpage.
- If you are trying to take a second placement test, complete the whole review, then email Melissa Aguilar at email@example.com for verification of completion. If you completed your review, you will receive an email to schedule another placement test. You will not be allowed to retest with partial completion, so put your time into completion!
Interested in assessing your current level of math?
Check out Ricardo Delgado's faculty website for Math Placement Exam Practice and other great math resources. Complete one or more of the Accuplacer practice exams to explore your potential placement. IMPORTANT: None of the four practice exams will count towards your re-assessment opportunity. These sites are merely to give you an idea of your current level and hold no bearing at De Anza's Assessment Center.