See syllabus for instructions to log into and sign up for Webassign.
Introduction to Calculator worksheet - 6 points
- This assignment is due in class on the last day of the first week (Friday of Week 1 for class meeting 5 days per week).
- Print the Introduction to Calculator worksheet and hand in at the start of class on the due date.
Airbnb Lab Worksheet - Chapter 1- 10 points
Download and print this worksheet and bring to class starting Wednesday of First week. We will use it in class during the first week of the quarter.
Download and print this project and bring to class starting Friday of Second Week. We will use it in class during the second or third week of the quarter.
Chapter 7 lab worksheet (Scan pdf) - 16 points
Print and bring to class starting Wed. of week 6.
We will start it in class one day during week 6
- Due Friday of Week 7
Chapter Note Outlines
Outlines for notes for examples discussed in class are below. Students should bring notes to class for each chapter to have examples and data available as we work and to use to take notes in class as we work through the examples to learn the concepts and skills.
Some Chapters Have 2 Links to the File
Notes should open as a pdf file in a new window or new tab.
If there are 2 links to the file, then:
- the first link is a "text pdf" file created from the original word document and the second link is an "image pdf" created from a scan of the word document.
- The "text pdf" files are smaller in size.
- Use the "image pdf" files if you have problems with nonsense characters (or random small boxes) printing in equations instead of appropriate math characters The "image pdf" will give accurate printouts of equations and graphs. Because the image files are pictures of the notes they are also larger files.
|Chapter||Title||Text Download||Image Download|
|1||Introduction to Statistics||Chp. 1 2019 Text||Chp. 1 Image|
|2||Descriptive Statistics||Chp. 2 2019 Text||Chp. 2 Image|
|3||Probability||Chp. 3 2019 Text||Chp. 3 Image [BROKEN LINK]|
|4||Discrete Probability & Binomial Distribution||Chp. 4 2019 Text||Chp. 4 Image|
|5||Continuous Probability: Uniform & Exponential||Chp. 5 2019 Text||Chp. 5 Image|
|6||The Normal Distribution||Chp. 6 2019 Text||Chp. 6 Image|
|7||Central Limit Theorem||Chp. 7 2019 Text||Chp. 7 Image|
|8||Confidence Interval Estimates means & proportions||Chp. 8 2019 Text||Chp. 8 Image|
|9||Hypothesis Tests - means & proportions - 1 sample||Chp. 9 2019 Text
CH. 9 Solution Sheet Text
|Chp. 9 Image
Ch. 9 Solution Sheet Image
|10||Hypothesis Tests - means & proportions - 2 samples||Chp. 10 2019 Text
Ch. 10 Solution Sheet Text
|Chp. 10 Image
Ch. 10 Solution Sheet Image
|13||1 Way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) - testing means for 3 or more samples||Chp. 13 2019 Text||Ch. 13 Image|
|12||Linear Regression and Correlation||Chp. 12 Image|
|11||Chi Square Distrib. - Goodness of Fit & Independence||Chp. 11 Image|
Below are the links to the most recent Word Documents for the chapter notes files above - see copyright/license information below the links.
To instructors: If you use these notes files you must include the attribution that is in the file. If you modify these notes when you use them, you must use a Creative Commons Share and Share Alike License and must give appropriate attribution for the original materials in these notes and for the material used in these notes that are derived from and attributed to other open resources, including Introductory Statistics textbook from OpenStax. You can not use these notes for financial gain. Please refer the the Creative Commons Attribution License website for further information about this license.
Video created by various instructors to accompany this textbook may be found at the links below.
- Chapter Videos, Practice Exams and Practice Quizzes in OpenStax (to accompany textbook Introductory Statistics in OpenStax)
- Chapter Videos and Videos for Problem Solving