Reviews campus facilities to determine condition and recommends improvements that best serve the campus and students.
- Makes long-term recommendations for facilities and operations, including buildings, grounds and custodial care.
- Oversees the development of the campus five-year Facilities Master Plan.
- Reviews and approves requests for modifications to facilities based on the needs of our students, faculty and staff.
- Prioritizes requests to stay within budget.
- Works with the district to implement recommendations and plans.
- Makes recommendations for funding of facilities requests
- The team shall be guided by the Facilities Master Plan and campus facilities condition assessment.
- The team will specifically consider the elements of the college values that call for fostering:Innovation: We work to ensure our physical space is welcoming, conducive to learning and environmentally sustainable.
- Equity : We value and embrace the intellectual contributions of a diverse spectrum of people and cultures. We strive for a diverse workforce that honors the contributions of all who work here.
- Members and participants will honor the topics and times of the meeting agenda. Agendas and materials will be distributed in advance and all members will be prepared to participate fully in the entire meeting.
- Members and participants will present issues completely, accurately, honestly and without bias, using authentic primary sources of data and not selectively withholding information.
- Members and participants will encourage full and open participation by all participants and will demonstrate a respect for and willingness to listen to diverse opinions and viewpoints.
- Members and participants will govern their interpersonal behavior on the basis of mutual respect and trust for one another and will avoid personal attacks, physical and verbal intimidation, asserting authority of position, and "negative talk".
- Members and participants will maintain respect for team discussions and will demonstrate support for consensus decisions of the team within and outside of team meetings.
- Members and participants will disseminate and gather feedback clearly and concisely.
Each team member and participant is empowered and responsible for understanding the guiding principles and enforcing these ground rules.
Updated Oct. 2020