Measure G at De Anza
De Anza College appreciates the generous support of our community members and voters. Measure G will provide the modern facilities and infrastructure that are essential for delivering instructional services and support to enable our students to succeed – today and in the future!
NEW: Construction Notices and Updates
Visit the new Notices and Updates webpage to find out about work that's underway on Measure G projects at De Anza.
Ballot Measure G, approved by Foothill-De Anza district voters in 2020, authorized bonds to raise up to $898 million to upgrade and repair facilities, classrooms and labs, and to acquire and construct facilities, equipment and sites for both De Anza and Foothill College.
At De Anza, the bond-funded work includes demolition of the outdated Flint Center – which the district decided in 2019 to close, after considering costs of seismic upgrades and other needed improvements – as well as changes to the main campus entrance at Mary Avenue and Stevens Creek Boulevard and construction of new infrastructure to serve the campus.
The complete list of projects also includes upgrading fire alarm and fire suppression systems; modernizing building interiors and exteriors, including restrooms; and converting an existing athletic field to a competition facility for the Beach Volleyball athletics team. For more information, see the section below on Initial Plans for Measure G.
Measure G Task Force: 2023-24
The Measure G Task Force began working in June 2023 to develop a process and recommendations for moving forward on the Measure G “megaproject” and how to spend funds available to De Anza. The task force was established by College Council and includes members representing students, classified professionals, faculty and administrators from relevant areas.
- For updates, visit the Measure G Task Force website.
Board Study Session: May 8, 2023
The Foothill-De Anza Board of Trustees heard presentations and discussion about Measure G during a study session on Monday, May 8, 2023. Presentations included
- Measure G Update Part 1 – including a program overview and various projects
- Measure G Update Part 2: Event Center and Services for Students Building – including results from a feasibility study (market analysis) for the Event Center project
Draft Options: February 2023
President Lloyd A. Holmes gave presentations in February 2023 to College Council, the Academic Senate, the Measure G Student Forum hosted by De Anza Student Government (DASG), and to Creative Arts faculty members and classified professionals.
In addition to the projects listed above, the bond proceeds were identified to fund the construction of a new Services for Students Building and a new Event Center on the north side of campus, and the temporary relocation of instructional and studio space for the Creative Arts Division..
- The Services for Students building would help consolidate and centralize important services and programs.
- The Event Center would directly serve instructional and student service needs, as approved by the district Board of Trustees, and, to the extent possible, help meet community needs for a cultural venue and civic meeting space.
- For more details, see the Nov. 7, 2022 progress report to the Board of Trustees
For More Information
The following provide more information about Measure G planning and projects
- 2021-2026 Facilities Master Plan
- 2016-2021 Facilities Master Plan
- Campus Facilities Committee – De Anza College
- Facilities Master Plan Task Force – De Anza College
- Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee – Foothill-De Anza Community College District
- Flint Center Background and Timeline – Foothill-De Anza Community College District