How to get involved with La Voz News
La Voz News, De Anza's student news media since 1967, serves as a way for the campus community to stay informed. It also provides opportunities for students to get involved on campus, as readers and/or contributors. Learn how below, or email adviser Farideh Dada at email@example.com
JOIN THE EDITORIAL STAFF as a reporter, photographer and/or graphic artist (3 units of credit)
- Become a reporter, photographer or graphic artist by enrolling in JOUR 61a (no prerequisite, no journalism experience required). Class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-4:45 p.m. in Zoom.
- Meet class requirements including weekly submissions to La Voz News.
APPLY TO BE AN EDITOR (3 units of credit)
- After taking JOUR 61a, apply for an editor position by emailing the adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org. (The letter should consist of an up-to-300 word summary which details your journalism experience and interest in a position.)
- If you are approved after an interview, enroll in JOUR 61c. You will be expected to meet class and editor position requirements.
FREELANCE FOR CREDIT (1 unit credit and permission to use lab/newsroom)
- Enroll in JOUR 62a, b, c, d, e or f (see schedule of classes)
- Contribute in the area of reporting, photojournalism, videojournalism, digital, graphics or copy editing for La Voz News.
- If you have an area of interest (sports, entertainment, news, etc.), you'll be able to contact the section editor for that area directly.
WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR OR A GUEST PERSPECTIVE
SHARE YOUR IDEAS, PITCH STORIES
NOTE: Contributing to La Voz does not guarantee publication.