You'll find a variety of College Promise programs at other community colleges, but we think this is the best College Promise program around – and it’s at De Anza, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer.
- FREE tuition and fees for TWO years, for all eligible students
- PLUS: $1,000 toward books and materials ($500 each year)
- Free transportation with the VTA SmartPass, too!
We’ve also made it simple to qualify, with no separate application required. (See how it works.) The program is open to California residents or those eligible for nonresident tuition exemption – including students with AB 540 status – who
- Are first-time college students,
- Plan to attend full time, starting in fall 2019
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or the California Dream Act Application and list De Anza College on the application
There are no income eligibility requirements but you must submit the FAFSA or CADAA.
There's no deadline to apply for the De Anza College Promise!
For more information and personal assistance, please contact the Office of Outreach by calling 408.864.8327 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit them in Room 127 of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) building.
Want to Know More?
The De Anza College Promise was launched at a special community event held Sept 27, 2017 at the Foothill Sunnyvale Center.
The featured speaker at the event was Martha J. Kanter, former U.S. Under Secretary of Education and former chancellor of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District.