Meeting Notes - May 3, 2016
Christina Espinosa-Pieb – Chair
Randy Bryant – Chair
Administrative Reps Espinosa-Pieb, Fayek, Kandula, Lee-Wheat
Classified Reps: Martinez, Lorna Maynard, Trosper
Faculty Reps: Alves de Lima, Bryant, Markus, Rick Maynard, Pacheco
Absent: Bram, Tomaneng, Norte
Visitors Lisa Ly
2016 - 2017 Perkins Budget (CTE) Requests Agenda -
Team confirmations and an assignment were made.
The following suggested questions were used as a starting point for CTE funding data review.
- How are the CTE programs doing with their SLO Assessments?
- How are the CTE programs doing with their Equity work?
- How are the CTE programs doing with their retention and success?
Handouts for today's meeting:
IPBT sub-groups' study notes for CTE allocation:
The IPBT members discussed the following items after their work sessions:
- Separate data sheet for some programs is necessary for CTE funding requests.
- College mission and core competencies should relate to each program requesting CTE funds.
- Each group needs to do a report/narrative for IPBT review. Perhaps the program review would serve as a resource for the review process.
- The process for CTE funding must move to the February preceding the next FY. This will alleviate rush decision making for the current year’s unspent funding allocations and encourage a thorough review to support the upcoming fiscal year’s budget proposal.
- Create a separate IPBT webpage for all CTE resources.
Outcome - IPBT approved funds for Margret Bdzil's CTE proposal for the 2016 - 2017 FY and supplemental CTE funding for 2015 - 2016 FY.