Check Out Our Great Programs!
De Anza offers a variety of programs to engage students of African heritage and those interested in the African American experience.
- Join a Learning Community of fellow students and instructors
- Get connected with some of our student services, resources and clubs
Share courses and activities that enhance your college experience!
- FYE is a Learning Community designed especially for first-time and first-generation college students
- Umoja is a Learning Community based on African-centered philosophy, history and culture
- Reading, English, Athletics, Counseling and Humanities (REACH) is a Learning Community for student-athletes
- MC2 is a Learning Community formed to support young men of color
Additional Programs and Resources
- Organized by the Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators Network, offers scholarships every year
- Sponsors scholarships, educational programs and activities; supports students and employees
- Free tuition and fees for two years, plus $1,000 for books, for eligible full-time students It's not too late to apply!
- Academic support, transfer support, counseling and financial aid for low-income students
- Activities, internships, scholarships and tours to explore science, technology, engineering and math