Budget Task Force
New Budget Advisory CommitteeThe Budget Task Force has been replaced by a new Budget Advisory Committee, which was created as part of the proposed governance structure adopted by College Council on Oct. 21, 2022.
At the College Council retreat held on Oct. 21, 2022, a decision was made to move forward with implementation of the Program Allocation Committee (PAC) that was proposed by the Shared Governance Task Force. The draft implementation plan includes replacing the Budget Task Force with a permanent Budget Committee. Thus, the December 2022 Budget Task Force meeting will be the last. Please click this link for updates on governance review status.
Formation of the Budget Task Force
As part of the College's renewed commitment to equity and inclusion, on June 17, 2021
College Council approved the formation of a budget task force for one year. The budget
is an overall collegewide concern and there is a need to educate the campus on the
types and amount of funds available. Knowing the budget will assist the college with
funding for student success. Mission of the task force to review and make recommendations
to College Council for the allocation of resources for the 2021/2022 year while the
Shared Governance Task Force reviews and makes recommendations for a new a shared
Membership on the Budget Task Force
Include leaders or designees from each constituent group to ensure collegewide representation.
- Advocate – for appropriate equity based funding
- Communicate – budget scenarios/proposals to members
- Disseminate – information from various sources to members
- Educate - members
- Initiate – change to update processes to fund for student success
- Recommend - equity based budget scenarios/proposals to College Council
- Understand - college budget resources
- The budget task force will adhere the elements of the college values that call for
Integrity: We embrace honesty, credibility, clear communication and acting on our stated values. We strive to acknowledge and address issues that may be difficult to broach. The college’s ability to fulfill its mission depends on a college community in which everyone feels included, respected and safe.
Equity : We value and embrace the intellectual contributions of a diverse spectrum of people and cultures. We strive for a diverse workforce that honors the contributions of all who work here.
- Members will honor the topics and times of the meeting agenda. Agendas and materials will be distributed in advance and all members will be prepared to participate fully in the entire meeting.
- Members will present issues completely, accurately, honestly and without bias, using authentic primary sources of data and not selectively withholding information.
- Members will encourage full and open participation by all participants and will demonstrate a respect for and willingness to listen to diverse opinions and viewpoints.
- Members will govern their interpersonal behavior on the basis of mutual respect and trust for one another and will avoid personal attacks, physical and verbal intimidation, asserting authority of position, and "negative talk".
- Members will disseminate and gather feedback clearly and concisely.
Each team member is empowered and responsible for understanding and enforcing these principles.