2022 Equity Champion Awards
Deadline: May 13, 2022
The Equity Action Council cordially invites you to nominate an outstanding student, classified professional, faculty member, administrator, and program/department/team for the Equity Champion Award.
The award recognizes and celebrates individuals making significant contributions to inclusion at De Anza College – and to advancing the college's vision of equity, social justice and multicultural education.
- Classified Professional: ACE, CSEA, POA, and Teamsters
- Faculty member
- Team – a program, committee, group or student organization
Nominations Are Open!
- Use the online form to submit your nominations
- Nominations will close on May 13, 2022
We recognize that there are multiple ways of demonstrating commitment to these values. The individual or team being nominated should also embody the spirit and principles reflective in the criteria below. The following are examples of ways that nominees may exemplify their commitment to equity:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of equity by advancing best practices in their respective office and/or program
- Exhibits leadership qualities in their work through collaboration, courageous conversations, inclusion through an intersectional lens, and fosters accountability.
- Prioritizes student needs and advocates for systemic and institutional change to address them to ensure equitable opportunities.
- Serves as a creative and equity-minded decision maker in the shared governance process
- Fosters practices that help bridge the student equity gaps
The individual or team being nominated should also embody the spirit and principles reflected in the above criteria.
Feel free to reach out to Adriana Garcia at EquityOffice@deanza.edu for any questions.
Meet Last Year's WinnersRead all about our 2021 Equity Champion Award winners