EAC Logo created by student alumni Megan Jerbic
The Council is a shared governance body that helps facilitate campus wide development and support, engagement, implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meet the goals and objectives of equity at De Anza and in particular, the Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education.
Equity Champion Awards
Join us for this year's online Equity Champion Awards celebration! We will be uplifting amazing individuals who are representing equity in their individual and teamwork as students, classified professionals, faculty, and administrators.
This year's event will celebrate the theme "Unified Steps Towards Courage."
- Friday, June 10, 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Attend via Zoom
Help us celebrate our 2022 Equity Champions! This year's recipients are:
- Faculty Member: Alicia Mullins
- Student: Aminata Henry
- Administrator: Dr. Elvin Ramos
- Classified Professional: Angélica Esquivel
- Program/Team: Claudia Guzman and Jesus Ruelas
- Elder: Edmundo Norte
- Courageous Heart: CSEA Union
Learn more about the awards winners in 2022 Equity Champion Awards website.
For Special Accommodations, please reach out to Adriana Garcia at email@example.com.
The Equity Action Council meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Meetings are currently being held via Zoom.
- "From Equity Talk to Equity Walk" by Tia Brown McNair, Estela Mara Bensimon and Lindsey Malcom-Piqueux
- "The Purpose of Power" by Alicia Garza
- Elvin Ramos, Administrator Representation (Dean, Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Patricia Rios, Classified Represetation
- Yvette Alva Campbell, Faculty Representation
- Saskia Latievarya, DASG Student Representative - Pending Senate Confirmation
- Vacant, ICC Representative - Pending Senate Confirmation
- Michelle Fernandez, De Anza Student Trustee
- Luiza Eloy, DASG Equity & Diversity Representative
- Lisa Mandy, Director, Financial Aid
- Elvin Ramos, Dean, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Yvette Alva Campbell, Director, STEM Success Program
- Lisa Castro, Counselor, Transfer Center
- Maurice Canyon, Counselor/Coordinator, Umoja
- Casey Regehr, Adapted PE
- Deborah Armstrong, Alternative Media Specialist, Library
- Sasha Bostick, Administrative Assistant II, Biological, Health and Environmental Sciences
- Maritza Arreola, Student Activities Coordinator, Office of College Life
- Danny Acosta, Chief, Foothill-De Anza district police department
Student Equity Partners
- Vacant, TBA
- Promote a climate of humility, equity, and appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of the college
- Support the work of the Equity Office
- Advise on equity and inclusion issues to the college shared governance groups
- Assist with the development of a campus climate survey every 3 to 5 years to assess the equity environment and explore opportunities for growth and development
- Advocate for the development and implementation of policies and procedures that facilitate the success of our diverse student body, faculty and staff. Specifically, the committee works to identify existing or emerging equal opportunity and equity issues, advising college leadership in the development of responsive policies, and analyzing and recommending action based on relevant research and practices.
- Advise and actively promote the development and implementation of policies, procedures and employee development that facilitates the transformation of our workforce and environment into a community that is more inclusive, socially just, knowledgeable about the diverse array of cultures which comprise our community, and skilled in facilitating the growth of the entire campus.
The Equity Action Council (EAC) helps facilitate campus wide development, engagement, support and implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meets the equity program goals at De Anza College and in particular, the Office of Equity, Social Justice, and Multicultural Education.
With the supportive input and commitment of the Equity Action Council, the Equity Office strives to meet the demands of the campus and the critical charge of the office. The Equity Action Council helps facilitate campus wide development and support, engagement, implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's mission and vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meet the goals and objectives of equity, social justice, and multicultural education at De Anza and in particular, the Equity Office. Thus, the Equity Office works closely, and is aligned with, the larger goals and objectives of the EAC.