Services for All Students
Students who are currently enrolled at De Anza College qualify for psychological services.
- Students are limited to ten free sessions per academic year, regardless of reason for seeking services.
- Referral information to outside community resources is available for students who require additional services.
Problems We Can Help With
It is better to seek help through the Mental Health and Wellness Center before a problem becomes too serious. When something is relatively minor, it can often be resolved a lot faster. Here are some examples of the types of problems that you can come to us for help.
- Family Issues
- Romantic relationship difficulties
- Sexual issues
- Identity issues
- Sexual identity issues
- Adjustment difficulties
- Difficulty making decisions or choices
- Bullying and harassment
- Body image crisis
- Substance misuse issues
- Ennui (a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement)
- Anger issues
How Our Sessions Work
Counseling is a process of discovery and understanding. It seeks to help you be more aware of what concerns or troubles you. As a result, it can help with making those decisions, choices, or changes that are right for you.
The counselor's role is to be understanding, respectful and nonjudgmental in their interactions with you. What is shared in session will be kept confidential within parameters as set out by the California code of legal and ethical standards for mental health care.
Read about our Mental Health and Wellness Center counselors.