How to Make an Appointment
After-Hours ServicesDe Anza's Psychological Services office is NOT a 24-hour program.
- If you need immediate help, please visit our crisis information webpage.
- For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1
Schedule a Confidential Appointment
For a quick response & next steps in regards to making an appointment, we encourage registered students to email us at email@example.com with the required intake forms. (see forms below) When emailing our department please include your name, CWID, and availability.If you decide to call us at 408.864.8868 be sure to leave a detailed message. Our administrative assistant Suzanna, will contact you within 48 hours by email and send you our required intake forms.
Before your first appointment, please download & complete required intake forms.
- Student Information Form
- Agreement for Services
- Counseling Center Assessment of Psychological Symptoms
The CCAPS assessment is given to all students before their sessions begin to gather information about the issues they would like to speak about in therapy. Please be as honest as possible when filling out the intake forms. Don't worry if you have any questions about the forms, your counselor is more than willing to speak with you about your concerns.
Meeting via Zoom for the first time
- Meet your therapist. Your therapist will review your paperwork, gather some more information about you, and explain how therapy works.
- Therapy. You will be invited to tell why you made an appointment. The therapist will give you a chance to speak and may ask you questions. The therapist will make sure you are comfortable. You are welcome to ask any questions you have. Therapy sessions usually last 50 minutes.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
- Cancel or reschedule at least 30-48 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you've already met with your counselor, you may reschedule with them via email or you may email our department at firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to provide detailed appointment information.
- THREE No-shows and/or late cancellations may have you terminated as a client & can refer you elsewhere if desired.
Most clients seek short-term services with our therapists. Students are generally limited to ten sessions while enrolled at De Anza College, so that we may provide services to those in need. However, during the Shelter in Place order, we're waving the ten session policy until the SIP order has been lifted or the demand increases & we are no longer able to meet with all seeking clients.