This email was sent to all registered students.
May 10, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of May 9
Mental Health Awareness Week
This week, May 9-13, is Mental Health Awareness Week. Join Psychological Services for a series of special, districtwide events in recognition of mental health, mindfulness and more. Visit the Mental Health Awareness Week webpage for more information and registration links. For additional Psychological Services resources, see their website — and check out the Groups and Workshops page for ways to connect with others and find support related to a variety of themes. See deanza.edu/resources for a directory of additional resources for basic needs.
DSPS Book Voucher Program
If you're a Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) student in need of financial assistance for textbooks, consider applying for a DSPS book voucher. The book voucher program awards up to $350 to DSPS students who meet all qualifications. View the eligibility requirements and application form on the DSPS Book Voucher page. The deadline to apply for a book voucher this spring is June 6 at 5 p.m.
CAN/DID Inclusion Series: Personal Stories
The CAN/DID Inclusion Series will release new content uplifting the experiences and perspectives of our De Anza community in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Members of the Asian and Asian Pacific American community at De Anza — students, faculty members and classified professionals — are invited to participate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about getting involved.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
APASA, the Office of Equity and the Women, Gender and Sexuality Center, with support from De Anza Student Government, are presenting events to commemorate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Visit the APASA Events page for details on these events.
Jewish American Heritage Month
Join the Office of Equity for events in celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month this May. Visit the Office of Equity website for more information and registration links.
Now that the Strategic Planning workshops have concluded, all members of the De Anza College community are encouraged to review the draft document and share feedback with your governance representative on the College Planning Committee by this Thursday, May 12. The College Planning Committee will review feedback at their May 12 meeting.
Visit deanza.edu/strategic for details on these events, recordings of the workshops and more. The recording and presentation for yesterday’s event on "Your Feedback" are now available.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Question-Persuade-Refer (QPR) Training: Mental Health Awareness Week event – Tuesday, May 10, Noon-2 p.m.
- Resume Writing: Career Services Workshop – Tuesday, May 10, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Mobile Food Pantry: West Valley Community Services – Tuesday, May 10, 1-3 p.m.
- Seeking Safety Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Tuesday, May 10, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Zentangle Gathering: Wellness Workshop – Wednesday, May 11, 11 a.m.-noon
- Movies for Mental Health: Mental Health Awareness Week event – Wednesday, May 11, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Associate Degree for Transfer (AD-T): Transfer Center Workshop – Wednesday, May 11, Noon-1 p.m.
- Creative Expressions Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Wednesday, May 11, 1-2 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from Arizona State University – Wednesday, May 11, 1-3 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 12, 11 a.m.-noon
- Race-Based Stress Resilience Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 12, 11-11:40 a.m.
- Mental and Physical Wellness Workshop: Mental Health Awareness Week event – Thursday, May 12, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Afternoon with Artist and Holocaust Survivor Gabriella Karin: Jewish American Heritage Month event – Thursday, May 12, 3-5 p.m.
- Active Minds with Abraham Sculley: Mental Health Awareness Week event – Friday, May 13, Noon-1:30 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to drop classes without a W for spring quarter – Sunday, April 17
- No classes, offices closed for Memorial Day Weekend – May 28-30
- No classes, offices closed for Juneteenth Holiday – June 20
- Final exams – June 21-24
- Graduation – June 24
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Classified Senate – Tuesday, May 10, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team – Tuesday, May 10, 4-5 p.m.
- Equity Action Council – Wednesday, May 11, 1:30-3 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, May 11, 4 p.m.
- College Planning Committee – Thursday, May 12, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, May 9, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
COVID-19 Vax, Booster and Face Masks Required
If you are planning to come to campus this spring, you are required to separately provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination AND booster, if you are eligible for one. See instructions at deanza.edu/vax.
The mask requirement remains in effect. You must wear a face mask PROPERLY while indoors – that means covering your mouth AND nose at all times.
Free PCR Testing on Campus
Now there are two ways you can get a free PCR test for COVID-19 on campus. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required for either option.
- Mondays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Center entrance on the lower level
- Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – drive-thru testing available in Parking Lot A
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com