Transfer Day Fair 2022
Transfer Day Will Be an In-Person Event This Year!
Date: Thursday, Oct. 20
- Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: Main Quad on Campus*
Transfer Day is a great opportunity to meet with college and university representatives from University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) campuses – plus private, out-of-state, and international universities.
Please register for the event using the link below so that you can receive updates and reminders about the event and be entered for a chance to win some cool De Anza swag.
(* In the event of rain, the Transfer Day Fair will be held in Campus Center Conference Rooms A&B)
Transfer Day Workshops
Personal Insight Questions Workshop with UC Irvine Representative, 1:30-2:30 PM, Media and Learning Center (MLC) Room 255 or Online. Register via this link.
University of Southern California Admission Workshop, 2:30 - 3:30 PM, Media and Learning Center (MLC) Room 113. Register via this link.
University of California, San Diego Admission Workshop, 3:00 - 4:00 PM, Media and Learning Center (MLC) Room 103. Register via this link.
Participating Universities (Partial List)
University of California (UC) Campuses
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Los Angeles
- UC Merced
- UC Riverside
- UC San Diego
- UC Santa Barbara
- UC Santa Cruz
California State University (CSU) Campuses
- Cal Poly Humboldt
- CSU Channel Islands
- CSU Chico
- CSU East Bay
- CSU Los Angeles
- CSU Monterey Bay
- CSU Northridge
- CSU Sacramento
- CSU San Marcos
- CSU Stanislaus
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
- Sonoma State University
Private and Out-of-State Universities
- American Jewish University
- Arizona State University
- California College of the Arts
- California Northstate University College of Health Sciences
- Columbia University
- Dominican University of California
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Golden Gate University
- Hawaii Pacific University
- La Sierra University
- Loyola Marymount University
- Menlo College
- Notre Dame de Namur University
- Otis College of Art and Design
- Pacific Oaks College
- Palo Alto University
- Portland State University
- Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Nursing
- Samuel Merrit University
- San Francisco Bay University
- Santa Clara University
- Southern Oregon University
- The New School
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- University of Idaho
- University of Massachusetts Global
- University of Oregon
- University of the Pacific
- University of San Diego
- University of San Francisco
- University of Silicon Valley
- University of Southern California
- University of Wyoming
- Western Governors University
- William Jessup University
- Temple University, Japan Campus
- Victoria University of Wellington (New Zealand)
- Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia)
The Big Event
Transfer Day is a college fair that De Anza organizes every year in the fall. This event provides prospective transfer students the opportunity to meet, visit with and collect materials from admissions and outreach representatives from select four-year colleges and universities.
For many of the participating institutions, Transfer Day represents the only time during the academic year that they will be available in person on the De Anza College campus to provide information about their transfer programs.
Participating institutions include
- California State University (CSU) campuses
- University of California (UC) campuses
- Private and independent California colleges and universities
- Out-of-state colleges and universities
This event always draws a big turnout and students sometimes have to wait in line to speak with representatives from well-known schools. We recommend that you come early and have your questions prepared in advance.
How to make the most of Transfer Day
Research prospective transfer schools before the big day
Do your transfer homework early: After learning which colleges and universities will be participating, take time to research a prospective school's majors, programs of study, housing options, financial aid, scholarships, student life, student support services and other information you can find online.
Come prepared with your questions
Be sure to write down any questions you think of while doing your research, especially if you are unable to find the answers online. One of the benefits of Transfer Day is that university representatives are available in person to answer your questions and to provide insight and materials to help you determine if the university meets your needs and interests.
- Download a list of sample questions you might want to ask university representatives.
Bring something to take notes!
Although many participating schools have provided complimentary supplies to students in the past, we recommend that you bring a pen or pencil and a notepad or tablet device, and a bag to carry the college brochures and materials you'll pick up.