Academic advising-related resources provided below include:
- ERM&P2 Degree and Certificate Requirements
- DegreeWorks Online Planning and Audit Tool
- Counseling and Advising Center
- BHES Division Academic Advisor/Counselor Tom Nguyen
- Transfer Resources (ASSIST.org, Transfer Center, etc.)
- Frequently Used Forms & Handouts
NOTE: The information and resources provided below are aimed at ERM&P2 majors. For general counseling and academic advising services and resources, visit DeAnza's Counseling & Academic Advising website
Questions? Contact Jeff Staudinger, ERM&P2 Program Coordinator & Lead Instructor email@example.com or 408.864.5318.
Current (2018-19) ERM&P2 degree and certificate requirements are specified out in the following handouts:
- ERM&P2 AA Degree Description and Course Requirements, 2018-19 (PDF)
- ERM&P2 Certificates of Achievement Description and Course Requirements, 2018-19 (PDF)
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements (Official De Anza "Spec Sheet")
Current General Education requirements for degree or college transfer are specified in the following handouts. Use the appropriate handout to see which Environmental Science (ESCI) and Environmental Studies (ES) courses fit into your academic plan.
- GE Requirements For DeAnza Associates (AA/AS) Degrees
- GE Requirements For Transfer to All Cal State University (CSU) Campuses
- GE IGETC Requirements For Transfer to All UC and CSU Campuses
Past ERM&P2 degree and certificate requirements are specified in the following handouts.
(Students are allowed to – and usually do – follow the requirements in place at the time they first enroll at DeAnza and/or declare their major. This is what is referred to as "Catalog Rights.")
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2018-19
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2017-18
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2016-17
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2015-16
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2014-15
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2013-14
- ECPP Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2012-13
(ECPP: Environmental Compliance & Pollution Prevention)
NOTE: The DegreeWorks online tool (see below) will list your degree or certificate course requirements and show your progress towards completion of those course requirements.
DegreeWorks is DeAnza's online degree (and certificate) audit and academic advisement tool that will allow you to:
- Review your course requirements based on your declared major and selected educational goal (degree or certificate).
- View your progress toward completion of your associate degree or certificate.
- See how your past and current courses apply to your graduation requirements.
- Plan your academic path through De Anza experience, including meeting General Education Requirements for earning your AA/AS degree and/or for transfer to either CSU schools ("CSU GE/Breadth") or UC schools ("IGETC").
- Review your course grades and calculate your grade point average
DegreeWorks itself is found under your Student tab in MyPortal.
Note that both Video Tutorials and written assistance documents are provided to help you in using DegreeWorks. You can also contact the Counseling & Advising Center (see below) for help with using DegreeWorks.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: While DegreeWorks details degree and certificate requirements, it does NOT detail college transfer requirements, which are both college and major-specific. For transfer requirements, use the ASSIST.org online tool (see below for details).
Tom Nguyen has joined the BHES Division as a dedicated student advisor/counselor, serving students within the Division including Environmental Studies/Science students. He has many years of experience in advising/counseling students here at DeAnza, and is well-respected and well-regarded by students, faculty, and staff.
To schedule an appointment with Tom, contact him directly at:
Tom is conveniently located right here in the Kirsch Center, specifically up in Room 218.
In order to receive your certificate or degree, you must file a formal application. Visit the Degrees and Certificates Application webpage for detailed instructions. Remember these tips!
- Be sure to choose the right form. There is one form for degrees and a different one for certificates.
- Check your status by completing a degree audit, using DegreeWorks in MyPortal.
- You can submit your application to the Admissions and Records office or to BHES Division's Academic Counselor Tom Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By meeting the requirements for any Environmental Studies degree, you will also satisfy the requirements for the corresponding certificates. So be sure to apply for your certificates when you apply for your degree. You've earned them!
- Transfer Center : This office on the De Anza campus offers transfer-related events and services to assist students in researching options, making sound choices and planning a smooth transition between institutions.
- ASSIST.org: This online student-transfer information system shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.
It is important to recognize that transfer planning is separate and distinct from
degree planning. Transfer requirements are both college and major-specific, so careful
planning is essential to ensure a successful and efficient transfer.
See the ERM&P2 Transfer Information webage for listings of local four-year colleges and universities with environmental programs, detailing the environmental majors they offer and providing a weblink for obtaining more information.