Academic advising-related resources provided below include:
- ERM&P2 Degree and Certificate Requirements
- DegreeWorks Online Planning and Audit Tool
- Counseling and Advising Center
- BHES Division Academic Advisor/Counselor Tom Nguyen
- Transfer Resources (ASSIST.org, Transfer Center, etc.)
- Frequently Used Forms & Handouts
NOTE: The information and resources provided below are aimed at ERM&P2 majors. For general counseling and academic advising services and resources, visit DeAnza's Counseling & Academic Advising website
Questions? Contact Jeff Staudinger, ERM&P2 Program Coordinator & Lead Instructor email@example.com or 408.864.5318.
Current (2018-19) ERM&P2 degree and certificate requirements are specified out in the following handouts:
- ERM&P2 AA Degree Description and Course Requirements, 2018-19 (PDF)
- ERM&P2 Certificates of Achievement Description and Course Requirements, 2018-19 (PDF)
Current (2018-19) General Education Requirements for degree and/or college transfer are specified in the following handouts:
- General Education, De Anza College A.A./A.S. (2018-2019)
- General Education, California State University System (2018-2019)
- General Education, IGETC for UC/CSU Systems (2018-2019)
Past ERM&P2 degree and certificate requirements are specified in the following handouts.
(Students are allowed to – and usually do – follow the requirements in place at the time they first enroll at DeAnza and/or declare their major. This is what is referred to as "Catalog Rights.")
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2017-18
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2016-17
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2015-16
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2014-15
- ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2013-14
- ECPP Degree & Certificate Course Requirements, 2012-13
(ECPP: Environmental Compliance & Pollution Prevention)
NOTE: The DegreeWorks online tool (see below) will list your degree or certificate course requirements and show your progress towards completion of those course requirements.
DegreeWorks is DeAnza's online degree (and certificate) audit and academic advisement tool that will allow you to:
- Review your course requirements based on your declared major and selected educational goal (degree or certificate).
- View your progress toward completion of your associate degree or certificate.
- See how your past and current courses apply to your graduation requirements.
- Plan your academic path through De Anza experience, including meeting General Education Requirements for earning your AA/AS degree and/or for transfer to either CSU schools ("CSU GE/Breadth") or UC schools ("IGETC").
- Review your course grades and calculate your grade point average
DegreeWorks itself is found under your Student tab in MyPortal.
Note that both Video Tutorials and written assistance documents are provided to help you in using DegreeWorks. You can also contact the Counseling & Advising Center (see below) for help with using DegreeWorks.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: While DegreeWorks details degree and certificate requirements, it does NOT detail college transfer requirements, which are both college and major-specific. For transfer requirements, use the ASSIST.org online tool (see below for details).
The counselors and academic advisers at the Counseling and Advising Center can assist you in planning your academic path through DeAnza, helping you to earn career certificates and associate degrees and/or for transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
To schedule an appointment, visit the Counseling Appointments webpage.
Tom Nguyen has joined the BHES Division as a dedicated student advisor/counselor, serving students within the Division including Environmental Studies/Science students. He has many years of experience in advising/counseling students here at DeAnza, and is well-respected and well-regarded by students, faculty, and staff.
To schedule an appointment with Tom, contact him directly at:
Tom is conveniently located right here in the Kirsch Center, specifically up in Room 218.
To obtain either a Degree or Certificate, students must formally file for that Degree or Certificate as follows:
- Download and fill out the Degree Application or Certificate Application form that you will find on the Student Forms webpage of the Admissions and Records Office. Then print out the application and sign it.
- Perform a degree audit through DegreeWorks in MyPortal.
- Print out your degree audit report and attach it to application.
- Submit your application to the Admissions and Records Drop Box, located outside the south entrance of the Registration & Student Services building (near the Bookstore).
- For more information, visit the Graduation webpage.
- Transfer Center : This office on the De Anza campus offers transfer-related events and services to assist students in researching options, making sound choices and planning a smooth transition between institutions.
- ASSIST.org: This online student-transfer information system shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.
It is important to recognize that transfer planning is separate and distinct from
degree planning. Transfer requirements are both college and major-specific, so careful
planning is essential to ensure a successful and efficient transfer.
See the ERM&P2 Transfer Information webage for listings of local four-year colleges and universities with environmental programs, detailing the environmental majors they offer and providing a weblink for obtaining more information.