Coronavirus Relief Funding
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provided funds to De Anza College for emergency relief related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.
Under federal guidelines, the college was required to certify that it will distribute at least 50% of the relief funds to affected students in the form of Emergency Financial Aid Grants for expenses related to that disruption, including eligible expenses such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child care.
De Anza College submitted the required certification on April 17, 2020 and received $3,617,629 on April 25 for distribution as Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Federal rules also require the college to post periodic reports on its website regarding the distribution of those grants.
As of Sept. 30, 2021, the college has distributed $5,319,130, including
- $323,326 to 189 students in academic year 2021-2022
- $3,134,992 to 4,056 students in academic year 2020-2021
- $1,860,812 to 3,038 students in academic year 2019-2020
Grants are currently distributed on the basis of financial need and eligibility, demonstrated by their eligibility for federal Pell Grants and their Expected Family Contribution determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students are notified by email when a grant is disbursed.
Students may also apply for assistance online by using the Emergency Funds Application Form.
Below you will find links to more detailed reports on these distributions:
- CARES Act Report: Sept. 30, 2021
- CARES Act Report: June 30, 2021
- CARES Act Report: April 24, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Feb. 19, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Jan. 5, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Nov. 21, 2020
- CARES Act Report: Oct. 7, 2020
- CARES Act Report: Aug. 23, 2020
- CARES Act Report: July 9, 2020
- CARES Act Report: May 21, 2020
Institutional Budget and Expenditure Reporting
In addition, here is De Anza's Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2) and 18004(a)(3)