Steps to Transfer From a U.S. School
If you are an F-1 international student and currently attending a language school, high school, college or a university in the United States, you must follow the steps below to transfer your SEVIS Record to De Anza College.
- These steps apply to students who are currently attending, graduating or completing OPT as an F-1 student at a U.S. school.
- De Anza College does not accept terminated/completed SEVIS records and can only issue an I-20 after the SEVIS record from your current school is transferred to us.
De Anza SEVIS code is: SFR214F01758000
Complete the Online Application
Use the online application for international students. Do not use the OpenCCC application form that is designed for U.S. residents.
International Student Application Form
- It takes at least 1-2 weeks to review your application after it is submitted.
- You will be contacted by email if additional documents are needed. Please check your email inbox and spam filter frequently.
- You can upload missing admission documents after your initial submission.
You will receive an acceptance letter once you are officially admitted.
Request the De Anza I-20
- Contact your current school to release the SEVIS record to De Anza College. De Anza SEVIS code is: SFR214F01758000. Please note, it is your responsibility to ensure that your current school transfers your SEVIS record to De Anza. We will not follow up with your school on this process.
- Complete the De Anza I-20 Request Form through the application portal after your SEVIS record transferred to De Anza.
- It takes about two to three weeks for De Anza to issue your new I-20 form.
Please notify us if you wish to travel OUTSIDE the United States before the quarter starts. If you leave the U.S., you will need the I-20 form from De Anza in order to return to this country.