Auto Tech Events
Fall 2019: Canned Food Drive
- The annual Food Drive is held every year in November
(Click any photo to view in full size. Click the arrows to advance the photos.)
De Anza Auto Tech students collected nearly 4,000 donated items – including canned food, cereal, diapers and other essentials – during their 2019 Food Drive, which concluded on Wednesday, Nov. 20. All the donations will go to the De Anza Food Pantry, which supports fellow students facing food insecurity.
Students in the Auto Tech program have been conducting the annual food drive for more than 15 years, said instructor Pete Vernazza. In the past, they have given collected items to the nonprofit West Valley Community Services organization. Since 2018, they have decided to assist fellow students by giving directly to the campus Food Pantry. Food insecurity is a challenge for many community college students.
Auto Tech students donate personally to the drive and solicit contributions from others. Vernazza said he and the students are proud to support the De Anza Food Pantry. "It truly makes us feel as if we are making a difference – right here, right now, at De Anza," he said.
Spring: Annual Car Show
- The De Anza Auto Tech program invites you to their seventh annual car show on Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Parking Lot E.
- Admission is free for spectators
- There is a $20 entry fee to show your car; registration is available on-site
- There will be five categories to win: Best of Show, Club Choice, Best Pre-1975, Best Post-1975 and Best 4x4/Truck
Summer: Caracci Classic Golf Tournament
- The annual Caracci Classic is held on the first Friday in June at Deep Cliff Golf Course.
- See the Caracci Classic event webpage for more information