Fall 2021 Office Hours for Photo ID and VTA SmartPass Clipper Cards
The Office of College Life will be open the first week of fall quarter 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday, September 20 - Thursday, September 23 to provide physical Photo ID and VTA SmartPass Clipper Cards.
Everyone will be required to wear appropriate coverings over their nose and mouth; covering will need to be removed for a few seconds when taking the picture. Only one person at a time will be allowed into the office and social distancing will be required for people waiting in line.
Additional hours for fall quarter will be available by appointment (details and sign up procedure coming soon).
COVID-19 Pandemic Updates
Please read the messages below about the Digital ID Card and Digital VTA SmartPass.
Digital ID Card
The digital ID card is now available in MyPortal for use while campus is closed. To access it go to Apps then select the Digital ID Card app tile in the Students section. It is also accessible in the hamburger menu of the De Anza College App for Android and iOS. The digital ID card should show the college logo for the campus at which you are enrolled, your picture if there is one in the system*, your name, the year, quarter, and campus at which you are enrolled, a bar code, and your student ID number. *If you do not have a picture in our system there should be a placeholder silhouette in its place and you will need to show additional documentation such as Driver's License or Passport for identification verification. Unfortunately, there is no way to add pictures until we are all able to return to campus.
Digital VTA SmartPass
While the campuses are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to give out SmartPass Clipper Cards. The VTA is temporarily providing passes for SmartPass eligible students while the campuses are closed through the VTA EZfare app for iPhone and Android.
The VTA SmartPass and your VTA EZfare account will be associated with your primary personal email address in your FHDA profile. Please make sure your email address is up to date before requesting your SmartPass.
After submitting your request if you are eligible your email address will be sent to the VTA within one week. The VTA will then email you about your transit pass; the email will be from moovelna.com. Please check both your Inbox and Spam folders for the email. If after ten (10) days you have not received the email, go to https://vtaezfare.transitsherpa.com/rider-web/ and use the Forgot Password function with your primary preferred email address in your FHDA profile to see if an account has already been set up. If that does not work create new account with your primary preferred email address in your FHDA profile. Once you are logged in go to My Tickets under My Account to see if there is a monthly pass there. You may have to refresh the page or log out and log back in. After you have created your account, it may take up to 2 hours for your pass to be delivered. You can also create accounts, recover passwords, and log in using the Android or iPhone apps.
To submit a request for a digital SmartPass please log in to MyPortal, go to Apps, scroll down to the Students section, then click on VTA SmartPass.
Please visit the following links for more information about VTA EZfare.
VTA EZfare Mobile Ticketing: https://www.vta.org/go/fares/ezfare
VTA EZfare for iPhone and iPad: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vta-ezfare/id1289964194
VTA EZfare for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.santaclaravta.riderapp
VTA EZfare Mobile Ticketing Account Access: https://vtaezfare.transitsherpa.com/rider-web/
While we're operating under restrictions related to COVID-19 for the 2021 fall quarter, you can still reach us by email or phone (it is best to use email at this time). We will be periodically checking our email and voicemail between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday - Friday, and we will respond as soon as we can.
Please stay safe and healthy.
The Office of College Life Staff
About Your Photo ID Card
The Office of College Life provides the DASG Card for students, photo ID cards for faculty and staff members, and other ID cards and badges for various on-campus programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the DASG Card?
The DASG Card is your Student Photo ID Card for De Anza College
What is the DASG?
What do I need to get a DASG Card?
- Be currently enrolled at De Anza College in the current or upcoming quarter
- Have your De Anza College Student ID Number
- Have some form of original physical current Photo ID;
copies or photos of your ID cannot be accepted
(e.g. Driver's License, State ID Card, Passport, recent High School ID Card, etc.).
How much is the DASG Card?
The DASG Membership fee is included with your student fees and there is no extra cost
for a DASG Card.
The DASG membership fee is $10.
Do I have to renew the DASG Card every quarter or year?
No, there is an expiration date on the card three years from when you received it and your card is valid until that date.
What if I lose my DASG Card before it expires, is there a replacement fee?
Yes, there is a $5.00 replacement fee that will be charged to your student account. You will need to come back to the Office of College Life to get your replacement.
DASG Card Policies
- The DASG Card is the property of De Anza Student Government and entitles the student to access and service privileges as long as the De Anza Student Government Fees are current. Certain access and privileges may be denied if fees are delinquent or otherwise not current.
- The initial DASG Card is free with the payment of the quarterly student government fees. Subsequent or replacement cards are subject to the existing Replacement Card Fee Policies and will be charged a $5.00 fee. To avoid paying the replacement fee, students are encouraged to retain the card for future use when not continuously enrolled or when leaving campus for the summer.
- The DASG Card will serve as an official ID card for access at numerous labs and the library as well as events and services on campus. Therefore, the card should be carried at all times while students are on campus and at campus-sponsored events.
- The DASG Card shall not be transferred, altered or tampered with in anyway except as authorized by De Anza College officials. Strict penalties may apply for unauthorized actions.
- With the exception of the Campus Police, Campus departments may not hold the DASG Card for any reason. Recovered cards should be returned to the Card Office immediately.
- If the DASG Card is lost, stolen or damaged, the Card Office should be notified immediately.
DASG Card Replacement Fee
- The replacement fee is $5.00.
- 2. If a card is expired, the card will be replaced at no charge.
- 3. If a person is not registered for three quarters or more, the card will be replaced at no charge.
- If the DASG Card is stolen, the replacement fee will be waived if a police report is provided to the Card Office. In order for it to be considered as stolen it must have been taken in a burglary, robbery, or theft. It cannot be a simple lost property report or that it cannot be found and is assumed stolen.
Policy revised April 29, 2021. DASG Card Policies are subject to change.