This email was sent to all registered students.
May 4, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of May 2
Equity Champion Awards
The Equity Action Council invites you to nominate an outstanding student, classified professional, faculty member, administrator, and a program, department or team for Equity Champion Awards. The award recognizes and celebrates individuals making significant contributions to inclusion at De Anza College – and to advancing the college's vision of equity, social justice and multicultural education. The award criteria and additional information are posted on the Equity Champion Awards website. For questions, email Adriana Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org . Submit your nominations online by next Friday, May 13.
De Anza Flea Market
The De Anza Flea Market is scheduled to reopen this Saturday, May 7! Stop by from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Parking Lots A and B to shop. Visit the Flea Market webpage for more information.
Wayfinders: Waves, Winds & Stars
In celebration of Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the De Anza Asian Pacific American Staff Association (APASA) is sponsoring ten tickets to the De Anza Planetarium show "Wayfinders: Waves, Winds & Stars,” this Saturday, May 7, from 7-8 p.m. This live-action full dome program puts you on the deck of the voyaging canoe Hokule'a as you explore traditional Polynesian navigation, and more.
All De Anza students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to apply by submitting the ticket application form. Each individual may submit only one application. All visitors are asked to wear masks and show proof of vaccination. For more information, see the calendar listing, or contact Khoa Nguyen at email@example.com.
CAN/DID Inclusion Series: Personal Stories
The CAN/DID Inclusion Series will release new content uplifting the experiences and perspectives of our De Anza community in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Members of the Asian and Asian Pacific American community at De Anza — students, faculty members and classified professionals — are invited to participate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about getting involved.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
APASA, the Office of Equity and the Women, Gender and Sexuality Center, with support from De Anza Student Government, are presenting events to commemorate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Visit the APASA Events page for details on these events.
Jewish American Heritage Month
Join the Office of Equity for events in celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month this May. Visit the Office of Equity website for more information and registration links.
Now that the Strategic Planning workshops have concluded, there is one more upcoming special event to guide the next steps of the strategic planning process.
- Review of Draft Strategic Plan — Monday, May 9, 1-2 p.m.
Visit deanza.edu/strategic for details on these events, recordings of the workshops and more. The recording and presentation for yesterday’s event on "Your Feedback" are now available.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Zentangle Gathering: Wellness Workshop – Wednesday, May 4, 11 a.m.-noon
- Creative Expressions Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Wednesday, May 4, 1-2 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from UC Riverside – Thursday, May 5, 8-9 a.m.
- LGBTQ+ Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 5, 11 a.m.-noon
- Race-Based Stress Resilience Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 5, 11-11:50 a.m.
- Ukraine Support Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 5, 1-1:45 p.m.
- First Thursday: Virtual Open Mic Night – Thursday, May 5, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Student Resource Fair: DASG Event – Friday, May 6, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- De Anza Flea Market – Saturday, May 7, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wayfinders: Waves, Winds & Stars: Planetarium Show – Saturday, May 7, 7-8 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to drop classes without a W for spring quarter – Sunday, April 17
- No classes, offices closed for Memorial Day Weekend – May 28-30
- No classes, offices closed for Juneteenth Holiday – June 20
- Final exams – June 21-24
- Graduation – June 24
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, May 4, 4 p.m.
- Student Services Planning and Budget Team – Thursday, May 5, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, May 9, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
COVID-19 Vax, Booster and Face Masks Required
If you are planning to come to campus this spring, you are required to separately provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination AND booster, if you are eligible for one. See instructions at deanza.edu/vax.
The mask requirement remains in effect. You must wear a face mask PROPERLY while indoors – that means covering your mouth AND nose at all times.
Free PCR Testing on Campus
Now there are two ways you can get a free PCR test for COVID-19 on campus. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required for either option.
- Mondays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Center entrance on the lower level
- Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – drive-thru testing available in Parking Lot A
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com