Faculty Resources for Engaged Learning
Faculty members: Want to integrate community service learning in your course? Contact Cynthia Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org or check our ( enganged learning projects) Learning webpage for lists of community partners.
Examples of Faculty Assigments
Examples Provided by Cynthia Kaufman
Examples Provided by Nicky Gonzalez-Yuen
Example Provided by LaQuisha Beckum
Example Provided by Sal Breiter
Example Provided by Monika Thomas
Example Provided by Kimberly Vinall
Engaged Learning Resources
- CSL Course Sample Project
- Key Terms Activity
- Project Information Letter (Template for contacting or following up with community organizations about your project)
- CSL Project Guideline
- CSL Project Contract
- Service Learning Student Time Sheet
- Rubric to Assess CSL Reflection Papers
- VIDA resources webpage
- The Relationship between Service-Learning and Degree Completion
- Leading Change Chart
- Civic Engagement As An Equity Strategy
Engaged Learning Articles
- A Promising Connection: Increasing College Access and Success Through Civic Engagement
- Boyte, H. (2004) Everyday Politics: Reconnecting Citizens and Public Life, Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Campus Compact. (n.d.) Indicators of Engagement Project. Retrieved November 11, 2005, from www.compact.org/indicators/indicators.html.
- Colby, A., Ehrlich, T., Beaumont, E., Stephens, J. (2003) Educating Citizens: Preparing America's Undergraduates for Lives of Moral and Civic Responsibility, San Francisco, Jossey-Bass.
- Gottlieb, K. and Robinson, G. (2002), A Practical Guide for Integrating Civic Responsibility into the Curriculum. Washington (DC): Community College Press.
- McTighe M. C. (2005). The civic work of diversity. Diversity Digest 9 (1), 1-12. Washington DC: Association of American Colleges & Universities.
- O'Grady, C. (editor) (2000), Integrating Service Learning and Multicultural Education in Colleges and Universities, Mahwah, New Jersey, Lawrence, Erlbaum Associates, Publishers.
- Service-Learning Course Design Workbook. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning Summer 2001
- Empowered Student Transforming Colleges: Civic Engagement As An Equity Strategy – Cynthia Kaufman, 2016
- Overcoming Facult Fears About Civic Work: Reclaiming Higher Education's Civic Purpose – Cynthia Kaufman. 2016
- Civic Capacity for Equity Social Justice – Cynthia Kaufman 2014