Learning and Navigating in Community
De Anza College understands that being an undocumented student can be difficult. But college can also be exciting!
You're invited to a special online orientation event, to be held over three days in September.
- Student Orientation Day 1: Thursday, Sept. 10, 9:45 am.-12:30 p.m.
- Student Orientation Day 2: Friday, Sept. 11, 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Family Welcome Orientation: Tuesday, Sept. 15, 5:50-8:00 p.m. *
Each day's program will be different, and we recommend attending all three days for a comprehensive orientation.
* The Family Welcome Orientation is open to parents, co-parents, caregivers, older brothers or sisters or other support persons.
- Tendremos talleres bilingües para la familia y comunidad que apoyan al estudiante.
- Chúng tôi có những cuộc hội thảo song ngữ dành riêng cho gia đình, người thân, và những người trợ giúp các em sinh viên.
You'll get tips by and for undocumented students on important topics – including financial aid, student services, campus life and planning your academic future!
Please join us for community building and networking. This is a great way to create a sense of belonging and make new friends!
RSVP for This Online EventTo attend the orientation, you'll need to download the Zoom app and RSVP here so we can send you the sign-in information
Orientation Workshops and Presenters
You will be able to join interactive workshops, panels and cultural presentations, including
- Indigenous opening blessing by Kanyon Sayers-Roods
- Samba percussion and dancing
- Filipino hip-hop
Campus sponsors include
- Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Higher Education for AB 540 Students (HEFAS)
- Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education
- Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy in Action (VIDA)
Questions? Contact us at EquityOffice@deanza.edu