General Meeting Information
Date: February 5,
Time: 2:30 - 3:40 p.m.
Location: ADM 109
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 2:30 - 2:35 p.m. Welcome I Chow 2:35 - 2:40 p.m. Approval of Agenda & Notes from January 29, 2018 meetings A Chow 2:40 - 2:50 p.m. Needs & Confirmations I/D/A Nguyen 2:50 - 2:55 p.m. Courses Into Disciplines and Faculty Service Area (FSA) Review—Library & Counseling I/D/A
- De Toro
2:55 - 3:05 p.m. Administrative Policy 4236 Advancement Placement Credit (3rd Reading)
3:05 - 3:20 p.m. Update on Meeting/Completing Accreditation Follow-Up Report I/D Pape 3:20 - 3:25 p.m. SLO Convocation Funding Request (1st presentation) I/D Pape 3:25 - 3:35 p.m. Committee Update: Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) I/D Nguyen 3:35 - 3:40 p.m. Good of the Order and Appreciations I All
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Approval of Agenda & Notes from January 29, 2018 meeting
- Agenda approved, no objections
- Notes approved, no objections
- Biology Faculty Hiring Committee, no objections, approved
- Computer Science Faculty Hiring Committee, no objections, approved
- PM Chemistry Stockroom Clerk, no objections, approved'
Courses Into Disciplines and Faculty Service Area (FSA) Review—Library & Counseling
Faculty have had the opportunity to provide input
- Library- done, no changes
- Counseling- done, minor changes given to the committee
- Alicia sent Business, Bio, and Women’s Studies digital copies of database.
Administrative Policy 4236 Advanced Placement Credit (3rd Reading)
- Discussion, questions answered by Karen
- Mary S motioned pending a particular word, seconded by Mary Pape, no oppositions, no abstentions, approved
Update on Meeting/Completing Accreditation Follow-Up Report
- Mary Pape presented: (“answering the recommendations” link)
- All faculty need to use the official course outlines, a simple copy and paste to syllabi, and then submit the updated syllabi to the Division Office.
- use “student learning outcomes” NOT “objectives” or other language
- main areas to focus on is sending compliant syllabi to both divisions and updating Canvas
- In order to avoid discrepancy between what is on Course Outline of Record (COR) in ECMS and what is on Nuventive (Tracdat), dept. chairs can no longer change/delete SLOs independently on Nuventive without emailing SLO coordinator (Mary Pape) first. “Flag” system has been edited to allow a comment “COR Needs Revision” if the SLO is changed in Nuventive/Tracdat.
- Need a plan to make sure all SLOs are assessed
- Ensuring regular and substantive interaction with the instructor and initiated by the instructor. Academic Senate already has a policy to recommend how to document/meet this recommendation.
- Karen and Mary informed the committee that the deadline is March 1st, 2018
- Bob Stockwell expressed concerns regarding where this could lead to with regards to performance based funding and standards.
SLO Convocation Funding Request (1 st presentation)
- Request of $600 for convocation
- Date: Friday March 2nd
- Will come back next week for 2nd presentation and action
Committee Update: Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT)
Good of the Order and Appreciations
- Blood drive, Mary S
- Funding for NCORE available from Professional Development, Dawn
Officers and Senators
Executive Committee Members Present
Name Position Present Karen Chow President Y Jim Nguyen Vice President Y Alicia Del Toro Executive Secretary/Treasurer Y Yael Karmi PT Y Mary Donahue PT Paul Klingman App Tech Y John Walton App Tech Y Bob Kalpin BHES Y Peter Miskin BHES Y Mia Breen Bus/CIS Y Mary Pape Bus/CIS Y Milena Grozeva Levy CA Y Elizabeth Mjelde (on PDL in Fall) CA Nellie Vargas CD&E Robert Alexander (Paul Wethington on leave) Counseling Rob Clem Counseling Y Vacancy DSPS Maria Delas DSPS Y Catie Cadge IIS Y Marc Coronado ICS/IIS Y Cheryl Balm PSME Y Chris DiLeonardo PSME Iva Tracey LA Y Cecilia Deck LA Laura Chin SSH Y My Linh Pham SSH Y Arden Kragalott PE Scott Hertler PE Y Tom Dolen LR Y Mary Sullivan SD Y Eric Woodbury Curriculum Committee
Name Position Present Brian Murphy DA Pres Stacey Cook VPSS Christina Espinosa-Pieb VPI Susan Cheu VPFCO Lorrie Ranck AVPI TBA OSOD Marisa Spatafore Mktng Bob Stockwell FA Lorna Maynard CS Elias Kamal Student Trustee Mallory Newell IR Moaty Fayek Dean BS/CIS Renee Augenstein Articulation Mary Bennett Tenure Review Sheila White-Daniels Dean Counseling Nancy Canter Dean CA Alicia Cortez Interim Dean, Equity and Engagement Coleen Lee Wheat Dean PE Isaac Escoto FH Academic Senate Mayra Cruz District Academic Senate President Pam Grey AVPCO Stacey Shears DSP&S Anita Kandula Dean BHES Michele LeBleu-Burns Dean, Stud Dev/EOPS Rob Mieso Associate VP of Student Services Lisa Mandy Dir Finan Aid Tamica Ward Enrollment Services Dean Edmundo Norte Dean IIS Thomas Ray Dean LA Jerry Rosenberg Dean PSME Judy Miner Chancellor Dawn Lee Tu Office of Professional Development Carolyn Wilkins-Green Dean SSH Kelly Swanson Book Store Mary Pape SLO David Ulate FHDA Research & Planning