Need Help With General Subjects?
We offer peer tutoring and workshops to help you succeed in a variety of subjects.
Why do we celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month in May?
The first Japanese immigrants to arrive in the United States was on May 7, 1843 and on May 10, 1869 also known as Golden Spike Day was the completion of the first transcontinental railroad system in the U.S. Chinese immigrants were a major part of the railroad system, which stretched from the West Coast to the East Coast. According to Building the Transcontinental Railroad: How 20,000 Chinese Immigrants Made It Happen, between 15,000 to 20,000 Chinese immigrants helped with the construction of the railroad even though James Strobridge saw immigrants as unfit for the job. Nevertheless, railroads still needed workers and many white people were not interested in this job. (History.com) Congress passed a legislation to designate May as Asian American Heritage Month, referencing May 7 and May 10 as two important dates in 1990.
Join Us Online!
We've made it even easier to access our peer tutoring services and workshops on Zoom. Just click the yellow button to "Join Tutoring or Workshops" and follow the prompts on your screen to sign in and select from a list of available services.
Spring 2022 Tutoring Hours
Accounting and Economics drop-in Zoom tutoring is available April 11 to June 16, closed for holiday on May 30. Weekly individual tutoring for Accounting may be available Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and Friday 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Accounting 1A, 1B & 1C drop-in zoom tutoring is available during the hours below:
- Monday, 10:30am to 4:00pm
- Tuesday, 10:30am to 2:30pm & 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- Wednesday, 10:30am to 11:30am & 12:30pm-4:00pm
- Thursday,10:30am to 1:30pm & 2:30 to 6:30pm
- Friday, 9:30am to 12:00pm
- Closed on Weekends
Economics 1 & 2 drop-in zoom tutoring is available during the hours below:
- Monday & Wednesday, 4:00pm to 5:30pm
- Friday, 11:00am to 12:30pm
Business 10 Tutors Drop-in zoom tutoring hours:
- Monday,10:30am to 1:00pm
- Tuesday, 10:30am to 1:00pm
- Wednesday, 1:30pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday, 10:30am to 1:30pm
- Friday and Weekends closed
Programs and Services
- Drop-in tutoring is mostly available for Accounting (ACCT 1A, 1B, and 1C), and Economics (1 and 2).
- Tutors can help review your work and explain concepts that are difficult for you.
Weekly Individual Tutoring
- Work with an assigned tutor one hour per week through the quarter
- Individual tutoring appointments are primarily available for Accounting and Economics courses – but ask us about other subjects.
- Click the button below for the online form to request weekly individual tutoring.
NOTE: Weekly individual tutoring requires that students commit to attending their scheduled weekly tutoring session once per week with an assigned tutor. If the student cannot make this commitment of regular weekly attendance for their individual tutoring session, please use drop-in tutoring instead.
Accounting Final Review Workshops
- Workshops designed to help you review and reinforce your accounting knowledge.
- Check back for the final review dates for Spring.
Become a Tutor!
You can improve your own skills in communication and your favorite academic subjects by helping other students learn. We provide training – and it's fun!
Questions? Contact Us!
Pablo Hernandez, Instructional Support Coordinator
Diana Alves de Lima, Student Success Center Co-Director
Melissa Aguilar, Student Success Center Co-Director