Need Help With Listening and Speaking?
At the LSC, our talented tutors offer activities to help you improve your language communication skills and deepen cross-cultural understanding – so you can build confidence and achieve your goals!
Join Us Online!
We've made it even easier to access our peer tutoring services and workshops on Zoom. Just click the yellow button below and follow the prompts on your screen to sign in and select from a list of available services.
See Week 5 Schedule Sign Up for / Join Week 5 LSC Tutoring & Workshops
*For World Language Tutoring, scroll down and submit a separate application.
Fall 2021 Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Week 1 & Finals Week: Closed
ESL Workshops and Tutoring / Tutoring for Speech
- ESL General Workshops: 50-minute small group sessions for everyday conversation practice and on other special topics such as idioms, listening, reading, and pronunciation.
- ESL 251/255 Support Workshops: 50-minute small group sessions on the topics covered in ESL 251 and ESL 255, including pronunciation, presentation, verb tenses, adjective clause, and sentence structure. See Fall 21 Support Workshop Schedule.
- ESL/Speech Tutoring: 30-minute one-on-one sessions for help with ESL listening and speaking homework or any other topics related to ESL and oral communication skills.
- Weekly individual sessions for help with the world language courses offered at De Anza.
- Available languages: Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, and Spanish
World Language Conversation Cafe
- Check back here for updates
- Language partnership program for De Anza students wishing to practice their target language skills with one another
- Unfortunately, we're not able to offer this program for Fall 21.
Become a Tutor!
You can improve your own skills in communication and your favorite academic subjects by helping other students learn. We provide training – and it's fun!
Questions? Contact Us!
Kanako Suda, Instructional Support Technician
Diana Alves de Lima, Student Success Center Co-Director
Melissa Aguilar, Student Success Center Co-Director