Join us for these current or upcoming talks, performances, workshops and exhibitions – each one showcasing the power of art to illuminate and inspire important forces for social change.
Undocumented Student Action Week
The students of HEFAS invite you to join this event series in solidarity with our diverse immigrant community.
Wednesday, Oct. 20
"Nurse Unseen" – Filmmaker Conversation
Join us for a conversation with documentary filmmaker Michele Josue about her new project, "Nurse Unseen," which tells the stories of Filipinx nurses on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wednesday, Oct. 20
- 4–5:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Please register in advance
This event is presented by the Women, Gender and Sexuality Center and cosponsored by De Anza Student Government (DASG) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Division, with support from the departments of Asian American and Asian Studies and Nursing. For questions or accommodations, email email@example.com
Thursday, Nov. 4
The Euphrat Museum invites you to this monthly open mic event hosted by McTate Stroman II. The featured artist for Nov. 4, from 7:30-8:30 p.m., will be Anouk Yeh, a 17-year-old journalist, organizer and Santa Clara County Youth Poet Laureate, who believes "the role of the artist is to make the revolution irresistible."
If you'd like to perform at First Thursday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts & Activism Event Sponsors
- Academic Senate
- Asian American and Asian Studies Department
- California History Center
- De Anza Latinx Association (DALA)
- De Anza Student Government (DASG)
- English Department
- Equity and Engagement Division
- Euphrat Museum of Art
- Higher Education for AB 540 Students (HEFAS)
- Latinx Empowerment at De Anza (LEAD)
- Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education
- Political Science Department
- Social Science and Humanities Division
- Sociology Department
- Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy and Action (VIDA)
- Women, Gender and Sexuality Center (formerly the Jean Miller Resource Room)
- Women's Studies Department