Join us for these current or upcoming talks, performances, workshops and exhibitions – each one showcasing the power of art to illuminate and inspire important forces for social change.
Be inspired by the challenging exhibitions and accompanying educational programs. Engage in the development of creative solutions for our times. Experience the Euphrat through our collaborative art projects, online events and exhibitions.
- Nov. 1 – Feb. 19
Featuring Thomas Kiefer, Hector Dionicio Mendoza, Nye' Lyn Tho, Fortune Sitole and Fatima Kazi. This exhibition examines constructed and unseen borders and boundaries, which speak to our shared needs for respect and dignity, kindness and resilience. Please see the exhibition webpage for hours and visiting instructions.
- Thursday, Feb. 3
- 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- RSVP via Eventbrite
This month's event features Tyanna (Tee) Braswell, a De Anza alum and spoken word poet with a passion for equity. She's also an early childhood educator who believes that equipping children with proper resources will give them the opportunity to defy all odds.
Arts & Activism Event Sponsors
- Academic Senate
- Asian American and Asian Studies Department
- California History Center
- De Anza Latinx Association (DALA)
- De Anza Student Government (DASG)
- English Department
- Equity and Engagement Division
- Euphrat Museum of Art
- Higher Education for AB 540 Students (HEFAS)
- Latinx Empowerment at De Anza (LEAD)
- Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education
- Political Science Department
- Social Science and Humanities Division
- Sociology Department
- Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy and Action (VIDA)
- Women, Gender and Sexuality Center (formerly the Jean Miller Resource Room)
- Women's Studies Department