Observe ~ Engage ~ Transform
Gain understanding of human behavior and social interactions. Prepare to question and transform systems or institutions that define our lives.
The Social Sciences and Humanities village includes programs that offer degrees or certificates from De Anza, and programs that offer courses you may be able to apply toward a four-year degree if you transfer.
Explore the list of programs below. Click the links to visit department websites and learn about courses, degrees and certificates. You can also check degree and transfer maps that show which courses to take each quarter to reach your goal.
The Social Sciences and Humanities village is a supportive community of students, faculty and staff with similar interests. Each village offers events, career panels and fun activities that are keyed to your major and related subjects.
Your Guided Pathways Village will be a central hub for information, mentoring and services related to your major and goals. We've made it easier than ever to connect with resources, support and people who can help you succeed.
Click these links to visit the department or program website, where you'll find information about courses, instructors and the requirements for earning a degree or certificate.
- Administration of Justice
- African American Studies
- Asian and Asian American Studies
- Chicanx/Latinx Studies
- Child Development and Education
- Comparative Ethnic Studies
- Global Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- International Studies
- Law, Public Policy and Society
- Leadership and Social Change
- Native American and Indigenous Studies
- Paralegal Studies
- Political Science
- Social Justice Studies
- Women's Studies
NEW You can also check the degree and transfer maps for different programs. These maps will show you which courses to take, quarter by quarter, so you can work efficiently to reach your goal – whether it’s earning a degree or certificate, or transferring to a university in your major. You'll find these posted on the list of all academic programs: Click the name of the subject or program and then click to view the "Degree Map" or "Transfer Map" for the subject you're interested in.
Each village offers workshops, events and other activities that are keyed to your major and related subjects. You'll find information about these activities posted here and in your village shell on Canvas.
You can also check out these websites for more ways to get involved.
- Arts and Activism
- Clubs and Organizations
- DASG (De Anza Student Government)
- Equity Office
- Euphrat Museum of Art
- HEFAS (peer support for undocumented students)
- Intercollegiate Sports
- Learning Communities
- Mentors @De Anza
- VIDA (Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy in Action)
- Women, Gender and Sexuality Center
You'll find some resources listed on your Village Canvas site and you can always visit these websites for useful resources and information.
- Basic Needs: Food, Housing, Financial Emergencies
- Books and Materials: How to Save Money
- Career Services
- Counseling and Academic Advising
- Disability Support Services
- EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services)
- English Performance Success
- Financial Aid
- LGBTQ+ Resources
- Math Performance Success
- Psychological Services
- Transfer Center
- Tutoring (Student Success Center)
- Undocumented Student Resources
- Veteran Services
- Video Help Series