DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Section Two: Using Disability Services and Accommodations
With DMV issued DP placard or plate
Students who have a California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Disabled Person (DP) parking placard or DP license plate do not need to purchase a De Anza parking sticker.
With the California DMV Disabled Person (DP) placard or plate, parking is permitted in:
- Any specially marked disability blue parking space,
- Any student-designated parking space or lot, and
- Any staff-designated space or lot.
- Students displaying DMV issued DP plates or placards may also park in spaces marked for "30 minute" limit.
Parking is never permitted:
- In walkways,
- On lawns or landscaped areas, and
- Other locations generally considered illegal.
All parking lots at De Anza have specially marked disability blue parking spaces and all of them require that a California DMV Disabled Person (DP) placard or plate be displayed.
- Students who have a DMV placard, rather than a license plate, should ensure that the placard hangs on the rear-view mirror and is visible through the windshield at all times
- Vehicles without a DP plate or placard visible to Security officers will be ticketed
- Campus police are not permitted to reverse tickets
- Extra-wide specially marked disability blue parking spaces should be reserved for use by students using wheelchairs and para-transit vehicles, if possible
See the detailed campus map for the location of spaces for drivers with DMV issued DP placards or plates.
http://deanza.edu/maps-and-tours/ Link to campus map
Without DMV issued DP placard or plate
Students who do not have a DMV issued DP placard or license plate or are awaiting a placard or license plate, but whose mobility-related disability warrants special parking, can be issued a temporary De Anza College disability parking permit. Students can apply for the temporary disability parking permit for one quarter through DSS. To obtain the temporary disability parking permit, students must:
- See their DSS counselor or Learning Disabilities Specialist for authorization.
- Purchase the college's regular Student Parking Permit.
- Bring their regular Student Parking Permit and their automobile information (make, model, year and license number) to the DSS Secretary in RSS Building, room 141.
- The temporary disability parking permit is valid only if displayed alongside the regular De Anza Student Parking Permit. You will receive an additional hanger to display the temporary disability parking permit along with your regular campus parking permit.
With the temporary disability parking permit & Student Parking Permit, students CAN only park:
- In any general student lot or garage space and
- In staff lots or staff spaces with the exception of STAFF LOT 1A in front of the Registration and Student Services (RSS) building (detailed campus map).
With the temporary disability parking permit & Student Parking Permit, students
- CANNOT park in any of the parking spaces in Staff Lot 1A.
- CANNOT park in the specially-designated DMV "disabled person", blue parking spaces.
- These spaces are reserved for vehicles with DMV plates or placards only. Anyone without DMV plates or placard risks receiving a very expensive city parking citation which the campus cannot revoke.