DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Section Two: Using Disability Services and Accommodations
Assistive Listening Devices
Assistive listening devices may be borrowed from the DSS program for use on campus
The Deaf Services supervisor can demonstrate the use of these devices to people who are not familiar with them. Some large lecture classrooms are also equipped with in-place assisted listening systems.
Steps to Borrow an Assistive Listening Device
- Complete the DSS Disability Verification and intake process.
- Register with your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist for classes, preferably during the priority registration period.
- Submit a Services Request form .
- Complete an Equipment Loan form.
- Follow the guidelines listed on the Loan Form for pick-up and drop-off of the device.
- If you do not follow Loan Form instructions,
- You may be required to meet with the DSS Counselor or LD Specialist, and the DHHS supervisor
- Your services may be suspended.
Policy on Assistive Listening Devices
- They are to be used on campus only.
- Removing them from campus for any reason.
- Will result in suspending your services for the remainder of the quarter.
- To appeal for reinstatement of services, you will be need to follow the College Grievance Procedure. (See DISH Section 2, Legal Aspects, "Suspension of Services")