DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Interpreting/Captioning - Student Responsibility Form
Responsibility of the Student:
Utilizing Interpreting/Captioning Services
- Each quarter a “Request for Services” (pink form) and printout of class schedule is submitted to Deaf/Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS). If you make any changes to your schedule, you MUST submit a new pink form and the most current printout of your schedule.
- If dissatisfied with your interpreting/captioning services, you may discuss the issue directly with the Interpreter/Captioner, or with the DHHS Supervisor as soon as possible.
- When absent from a class, contact DHHS at email@example.com. If you do not let us know of the absence, it is marked as a no-show.
- Wait times for classes: • 15 minutes for a one-hour class
- 20 minutes for a two-hour class
- 30 minutes for a class lasting three hours or more
Arriving late could mean missing important announcements at the beginning of class.
It will be your responsibility to ask the instructor what you missed.
Consequences of No-shows:
1st no-show: Student receives a written reminder of the notification requirements from DHHS
2nd no-show: Student receives a written notice and needs to meet with the DSS counselor on the day and time shown on the second notice.
3rd no-show: Student will be informed, in writing, of suspension of service and will be required to schedule an appointment to meet with the DSS Executive Head, Dr. Kevin Glapion, to further discuss and clarify DHHS expectations.
4th no-show: Your services are terminated for the remainder of the quarter. If you want to reinstate
services or appeal the suspension, review the Suspension of Services process, Administrative
Procedures AP-5076, at: http://www.deanza.edu/dsps/dish/section2/suspension.html.
This is explained in the online Disability Information Student Handbook (DISH), and
New Student Orientation packet provided at your initial intake.
I have read and understand the Responsibility of the Student: Utilizing Interpreting/Captioning
Services as stated above.
Print Name Quarter
If suspension Occurs
- End of Appendices -