DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Section Two: Using Disability Services and Accommodations
Financial Aid Liaison
DSS Counselors or LD Specialists can refer students to Financial Aid Office for assistance and, if needed, help students with completing financial aid paperwork, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA). They can also serve serve as a liaison with the Financial Aid staff to facilitate understanding of the financial aid processes.
Fee Waiver Program
The Board of Governor's Waiver (BOG-W) program assists eligible low income students. The program:
- Waives course enrollment fees only
- Has no minimum or maximum number of enrolled classes or units required
- Does not waive or reduce basic college fees or any course materials fees
DSS Counselors or LD Specialists can assist the student seeking a BOG-W:
- With eligibility information
- To complete the application
- With submitting required supporting documentation
The BOG-W application must be renewed each Spring quarter for the next academic year and remains in place for each quarter of that academic year.